Wednesday, September 28, 2022
HomePremier LeagueWatch: Cristiano Ronaldo slaps boy's phone out of his hand after defeat...

Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo slaps boy’s phone out of his hand after defeat at Everton, apologizes for “outburst”

Published on

3,563FansLike
3,200FollowersFollow
1,200FollowersFollow

Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo slaps boy’s phone out of his hand after defeat at Everton, apologizes for “outburst”

Cristiano Ronaldo apologized on Saturday for knocking a supporter’s phone out of his hands as he exited the field after Manchester United’s 1-0 loss to Everton.

Footage on social media appeared to show the Portugal star squabbling with an Everton supporter as he made his way to the tunnel at Goodison Park.

“It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing,” 37-year-old Ronaldo wrote on Instagram. “Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

“I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship.”

United’s underwhelming performance at relegation-threatened Everton dropped them to seventh place in the rankings, six points out of the Champions League places.

Victory at Goodison Park, thanks to Anthony Gordon’s deflected first-half shot, moves Frank Lampard’s squad four points clear of the bottom three, despite having played one more game than 18th-placed Burnley.

However, United’s season is on the verge of collapsing, and their chances of qualifying for next season’s Champions League look bleak.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who missed last week’s 1-1 draw with Leicester, returned, as did out-of-form fellow forward Marcus Rashford, who was making his 200th Premier League game.

Rangnick has a two-year contract to stay on as a consultant at Manchester United after this season, but his brief tenure as manager appears to be coming to an end as talk mounts that Ajax manager Erik ten Hag will be the next permanent manager.

The German criticised his team’s lack of innovation, but said rumors of a new coach should not be used as an excuse.

“We are Manchester United,” he said. “We have lots of international players. There shouldn’t be an alibi. There will be a new manager next season. If this is announced now or in 10 days it shouldn’t have an impact.”


ALSO READ:

Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo slaps boy’s phone out of his hand after defeat at Everton, apologizes for “outburst”

WhatsApp
WhatsApp

READ MORE

Click to connect!

Follow us on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/sportsdias

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

popular

More like this

Chelsea’s Reece James trick to ‘win Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka Ballon d’Or’ as Twitter react to seeing James and Saka team up

For twenty minutes, England fans saw the light, and the raucous atmosphere at a packed Wembley was replaced by the hope that Gareth Southgate could still be "The One."

Man Utd manager Erik ten Hag has a second Harry Maguire crisis as concerning footage emerges

Erik ten Hag has received another concerning warning ahead of Manchester United's match against Manchester City this weekend.

‘I thought’: Gareth Southgate makes Mason Mount confession after his substitute appearance for England last night

Mason Mount of Chelsea was lauded by Gareth Southgate in his post-match press conference for his impact off the bench in England's 3-3 draw with Germany.

‘The people who came on’: Phil Foden Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka admission after England match last night

After the England game last night, Manchester City star Phil Foden spoke to Hayters TV and made a claim regarding Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka.