Unai Emery praises one Arsenal player who has improved since he left the club.
While speaking to UEFA ahead of Arsenal’s game against Villarreal, the former Arsenal coach and now Villareal boss Unai Emery has praised Emile Smith Rowe noting that Rowe has always been improving ever since he was a youngster.
According to Emery, Rowe has really impressed him following his breakout season this term.
The Villareal boss has pointed out how the midfielder has gradually gotten better after spending time away on a loan.
- Former Arsenal and Villareal player Santi Cazorla makes his prediction on Arsenal and Villareal tie.
- Arsene Wenger’s serious allegations regarding English Premier League following failed Super League project.
- World’s Strongest Footballer Set to Make WWE Debut After Retiring From Football.
- Footballers’ funny nicknames that you should know.
“Then you have the younger players such as [Emile] Smith Rowe. Smith Rowe played the pre-season with us at the age of 17, and he has gradually grown after loan spells away. You also have [Bernd] Leno, who is a great goalkeeper and good with his feet. He has significant experience.
But the Villareal manager is not wrong about Emile-Smith Rowe.
Smith Rowe has continuously been improving at Arsenal and it becomes even unbelievable when you assess his quality now. Smith spent last season in a struggling Huddersfield Town side.
Emile Smith has now turned into a bona fide Premier League star, and it comes as a surprise since at one point it didn’t look as though he was going to make much of an impact at Arsenal.
Under Emery, he didn’t get many chances, but after a continuous gradual improvement, he’s become a star under Arteta.
- Top 30 most dangerous goal-scoring partnerships in the 21 century.
- Premier League Hall of Fame: 23-man shortlist.
- The ranking of the top 10 most successful clubs in England with the number of trophies.