Tuchel points to one key reason why Chelsea lost FA Cup final.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel holds that his team didn’t have the luck on their side at Wembley as they lost in the FA Cup final 1-0 by Leicester City.
Youri Tielemans’ superb goal midway through the second half was pure of winning any game, let alone a cup final, but there was some contention encompassing not only that but also late on in the game.
Ayoze Perez seemed to handle the ball as Reece James tried a raking pass but it wasn’t reviewed by VAR, the Foxes broke through and Tielemans crashed home an absolute boom from 25 yards out that gave Kepa no chance at all.
Then there was Ben Chilwell, who thought he had leveled things up against his former side four minutes from time but VAR meddled once again and ruled the Blues left wing-back offside.
VAR confirmed that it was Chilwell’s hand and sleeve that were ahead of Foxes center back Caglar Soyuncu in the middle.
- Leicester player throws away traditional Chelsea flag in immediate dressing room ceremony after FA Cup win.
- Thomas Tuchel praises former manager Frank Lampard.
- Thomas Tuchel needs just one signing to win the Premier League – Peter Crouch.
- Pep Guardiola has ‘worst fears come to light’ about Chelsea – Michael Owen. |
Tuchel said at his post-match press interview that he understands the Blues were unlucky in the final and that it was more a 1-0 game in their favour than it was in Leicester’s who won their first FA Cup trophy.
“We are disappointed and not angry with our performance from the boys,” Tuchel said.
“I think the performance is enough to win it. I think today we were unlucky and we’ve never hidden that we need to have that to win at this level. You need momentum, decision making, little details, the referee.
“I think we defended well, counter-pressed well, didn’t allow counter-attacks by one of the best counter-attacking sides in Europe.
“Our decision making in the first half was too hectic, we tried to force the solution. We created two against two and three against three situations that were more promising than we made of it.
“We had a big chance with Azpilicueta and in the second half we controlled the game. We conceded a goal from nothing. It’s a fantastic goal and a lucky goal. We have a chance from Mason, an offside goal that was very close. We were unlucky today.”
- Tammy Abraham’s girlfriend slams Thomas Tuchel after FA Cup final snub.
- Christian Pulisic makes fresh transfer vow amid Liverpool speculation.
- Frank Lampard offered a return to Premier League coaching role.
- The top 10 wingers in the world Football named and ranked.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Tuchel points to one key reason why Chelsea lost FA Cup final