Transfer Window opens June 9th.
Transfer Central. Get all updates on the transfer business across European football clubs. Hot transfer rumours and done deals. Here at Sports Dias. For the Love of Game.
BENTEKE SIGNS NEW TWO YEAR CRYSTAL PALACE DEAL
Christian Benteke has signed a two-year deal extension with Crystal Palace.
The Belgium international, who joined Palace five years ago for a club record fee, scored 10 goals from 30 league appearances in 2020/21.
CHELSEA TO BEGIN BROJA CONTRACT NEGOTIATION
Chelsea may have the ideal replacement if Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud depart this season in the shape of their young striker Armando Broja.
The 19-year old Albanian player has scored 11 goals in 36 appearances during his debut season on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, playing a key role in their fourth place finish in the Eredivisie.
Despite interest from a host of top European clubs, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel plans to bring the Albanian international back to West London to include him in next season’s Premier League team.
The return of Chelsea’s academy player will also hand Tuchel more financial firepower if the club makes a move for bring the likes of Harry Kane or Romelu Lukaku to Stamford Bridge.
BALE’S RETURN TO REAL MADRID POSSIBLE.
Gareth Bale is getting back to Real Madrid and can have a great term next season there if he is “motivated according to club’s new head coach Carlo Ancelotti.
Ancelotti and Bale won the Champions League and Copa del Rey collectively in 2014 and the Welshman scored in the finals of both competitions.
The Italian maintains he remains a huge supporter of Bale and believes he can still influence Real, despite being iced out by Ancelotti’s predecessor Zinedine Zidane.
LUKAKU SAYS HE IS STAYING AT INTER
Romelu Lukaku has moved quickly to quell reports that he might leave Inter Milan and head to Chelsea or Manchester City this season.
Lukaku, 28, scored 33 goals in all games for the Serie A champions last summer but the exit of boss Antonio Conte saw reports surface that he may leave.
But the Belgium striker told Belgian TV that he had spoken to Inter’s new manager, thought to be Simone Inzaghi, and that no departure was planned.
He said: “Yes, I am staying. I’ve already had contact with the man who normally becomes our new manager. Maybe I shouldn’t say that yet… but it was a very positive conversation.”
“There’s also the challenge of doing it again (winning the league with Inter). I feel good at Inter.”
WOLVES SET TO CONFIRM LAGE AS NEW MANAGER
Bruno Lage seems set to be approved as Wolves’ new manager following the awarding of a work permit.
The Midlands club were today finalizing the agreements and work permits for Lage’s backroom staff with an official communication expected in the coming days once these issues are settled.
Lage, who has been out of work since leaving Benfica 11 months ago, was the club’s number one choice following the shock departure of Nuno Espirito Santo from Molineux last month.
EVERTON FACE NUNO COMPETITION?
Sky Sports News reporter Vinny O’Connor:
“We understand that Nuno Espirito Santo is still over in Portugal at the moment having held talks with Crystal Palace, but Everton are wanting to move swiftly to appoint a new manager.
“Our understanding is that Moshiri has been impressed by the job he did at Wolves, and he believes he is someone who can come in and work with the current squad and shape it into one that can challenge for the major honours within the game.
“Everton will open talks with Nuno later on Wednesday, but there are other potential candidates. Unsurprisingly, David Moyes has been linked with the job. He still has a family home up in Lytham St Annes, not far from Finch Farm. He’s had success in the past season at West Ham, and negotiations are well advanced on a three-year deal.”
NUNO, MOYES LEAD RACE FOR EVERTON MANAGERIAL ROLE
Nuno Espirito Santo and David Moyes are the explicit front-runners on Everton’s shortlist of nominees to succeed Carlo Ancelotti.
As meetings to find Ancelotti’s successor advance this afternoon, Espirito Santo seems to be in pole position, enjoying strong support in the Everton boardroom.
Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has been fascinated with Wolves’ progress under the Portuguese coach – and sees him as an exceptional fit to work with the existing squad.
The club demands this summer’s transfer window to be a busy one – both for arrivals and departures – and maintains Espirito Santo has the abilities to shape a team able of winning trophies at Goodison.
Everton see him as a candidate that is craving for success and with a point to prove after his sudden sacking by Wolves at the end of the season.
WOLFSBURG APOINT VAN BOMMEL
Wolfsburg have appointed Mark van Bommel as their new manager as the team plans for their first Champions League campaign since the 2015/16 summer.
Welcome @MarkvanBommel6 🐺🇳🇱🔥— VfL Wolfsburg EN/US 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 (@VfLWolfsburg_EN) June 2, 2021
Mark van Bommel is the new head coach of our wolves! The 44-year-old signed a contract until June 30, 2023.
Read More: https://t.co/0qr8TsLjs9#VfLWolfsburg 🟢⚪️ pic.twitter.com/7x8nPhd6BE
The 44-year-old former Dutch midfielder has signed a two-year deal until June 2023, the Bundesliga club have authenticated.
MESSI EDGING TOWARDS NEW BARCA CONTRACT?
Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano thinks so…
Barcelona are working on last details/clauses and preparing the official new contract proposal until June 2023 for Lionel Messi. 🇦🇷 #FCB— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 2, 2021
Barça are ‘confident’ to complete the agremeent after positive talks.
Agüero ofc… but also Wijnaldum, new signings appreciated by Messi.
POCHETTINO LATEST REPORTS
There are conflicting rumors this morning on the future of Paris Saint-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino.
The club say they are very positive that Pochettino will stay at the club and is proceeding to work on transfer business.
But reports in France maintain the Argentine has notified president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and sporting director Leonardo that he wants to leave.
According to The Athletic, Tottenham have been driving very hard behind the scenes to get Pochettino.
BARCELONA SIGN EMERSON
Barcelona have re-signed full-back, Emerson Royal, from Real Betis after applying his buy-back option.
Emerson spent two summers on loan at the Andalusian club and is part of Brazil’s team for the upcoming Copa America.
The defender made 79 appearances for Betis but will join up with Ronald Koeman’s crew ahead of the 2021/22 season.
NEXT MANAGER FOR EVERTON
Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to Everton?
The Rangers boss the running – along with former Anfield boss Rafa Benitez – for the Goodison Park hot seat, according to The Athletic this morning.
But West Ham are confident David Moyes will stay put, notwithstanding reports connecting him with a return. Discussions over a new three-year contract for Moyes at the London Stadium are well advanced.
ROMAN ABRAMOVICH DRIVING LUKAKU BID
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly individually chasing the push to bring Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea, according to reports.
The Blues owner is ready to back Thomas Tuchel to advance his team in defence, midfield and attack and is getting committed himself over a possible return for Lukaku, according to Eurosport.
The report claims talks have already begun but that Manchester City could yet scupper an opportunity because they are offering bigger wages.
FOUR DEPARTURES FOR MAN CITY TO FUND KANE TRANSFER?
Man City will analyze bids for FOUR first-team squad members
in a bid to land Harry Kane, according to rumors this morning.
The Athletic says City cash on Riyad Mahrez, Raheem Sterling, and Gabriel Jesus, though hints Aymeric Laporte is the most likely to leave in order to boost transfer funds.
The report says Kane has made City his first-choice target but that City face a struggle to pull off the transfer. Levy does not want to sell Kane but is assumed to be expressly reluctant to do so to a Premier League opponent.
MAN CITY KEEN TO REPLACE AGUERO
Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak maintains his club intend to send a message in this summer’s transfer window and has promised to find the right replacement for Sergio Aguero this summer.
“You need to constantly bring talent into the team, refresh and particularly when you are at a high level on the top,” he said, speaking in an interview with the club’s website.
“Having won the league it is not the team to sit back and be content, that is the biggest mistake. This is the time to send a strong message that there is no contentment, you are not satisfied with just winning the league.
“We lose a very important legend in Sergio Aguero, very hard shoes to fill but I am confident we will find the right player to fill those shoes. There are other areas in the team that need investment, not too many, it is not about numbers, it is about quality.
“The squad is a phenomenal squad, you don’t win the Premier League and get to the Champions League final if you don’t have a good squad. We will bring quality into the squad in a couple of key positions.”
CAMPBELL ADVISES EVERTON SHOULD GO FOR CONTE.
Former Everton striker Kevin Campbell says the club should try to appoint Antonio Conte as successor to Carlo Ancelotti.
Antonio Conte made the shock move to leave Inter Milan, days after leading Inter to Serie A glory. The Italian’s exit has become another cog in a managerial merry-go-round. With Carlo Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid – Kevin Campbell has urged his old side to pursue Conte.
Carlo Ancelotti: Leaves Everton for Real Madrid
Everton have confirmed the exit of Carlo Ancelotti, who is leaving Goodison Park to take the controls at Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have been on the quest for a new manager since it was announced they’d parted ways with Zinedine Zidane last week.
ANCELOTTI ON TWITTER
I would like to thank Everton FC, my players and the supporters for giving me the opportunity to manage this fantastic and historical club. I decided to leave as I have a new challenge with a team that was always in my heart, Real Madrid. pic.twitter.com/SDV8T7qMDR— Carlo Ancelotti (@MrAncelotti) June 1, 2021
I leave taking with me all the amazing moments we have experienced together and wish the Club and fans all the best. pic.twitter.com/69kErk9u8J— Carlo Ancelotti (@MrAncelotti) June 1, 2021
The Everton board will be meeting on Tuesday night to discuss potential successor.