When it comes to salaries, Athletes are among the highest-paid. The top five highest-paid footballers in the world have been revealed.
New details show that the Barcelona forward Lionel Messi is the highest-paid footballer in Europe. Leaked details further indicate that the Argentine international has the biggest deal in the history of the sport.
Juventus and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo earns £900,000 in his weekly wage packet from Juventus. This translates to £46.7 million per year. Surprisingly, his salary is less than half of what Messi earns.
- Thiago Silva is lucky to play football. He survived a death scare and almost gave up at 21 years.
- World Under 20 team of the year. Who makes in the list?
- Top 30 attacking players in Europe top 15 leagues this season.
- Former Manchester United star who now works as a builder.
- Champions League. Best team that failed to win plus ranking of worst to best winners.
PSG and Brazilian Neymar ranks third. The most expensive player in football history earns £606,000 per week (£31.5 million per year)
Kylian Mbappe will apparently get a salary increase to €30 million per season if he signs a new PSG contract.
But that still only works out as about £25.7 million per year for the 22-year-old. So not quite enough to crack the incredibly high earners at the top of this list.
- Footballers’ funny nicknames that you should know.
- Five BIG National teams Struggling to qualify for World Cup.
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT NOW.