Top 10 richest football club owners in the world revealed, Man City’s Sheikh Mansour leads the pac ahead of Arsenal’s Stan Kroenke and Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich.
Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has been mentioned the richest football club owner in the world ahead of Arsenal’s Stan Kroenke and Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich.
The 50-year-old billionaire’s Abu Dhabi United Group made their sensational £210m takeover of the Premier League champions in 2008.
And Mansour has guaranteed City with a war chest of funds that has fastened them a place as one of the Premier League’s powerhouse sides.
City have won five Premier League titles, six League Cups and two FA Cups under Mansour’s ownership.
The Daily Star has now reported that Mansour came out top of the pile for richest football club owners in the world thanks to a tremendous $20bn wealth to his name.
With the City Football Group to his name, Mansour has added MLS outfit New York City and A-League club Melbourne City to his portfolio of sports teams.
Mansour close(ly) secured the top spot ahead of RB Leipzig owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who came second with a whopping $19bn.
Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli and Hoffenheim owner Dietmar Hopp came third and fourth sequentially with $14bn and $13bn.
Abramovich, who has bankrolled Chelsea since his remarkable acquisition of the London club in 2003, managed to finish fifth in the top 10.
The 54-year-old billionaire might have been brutal with axing different managers, but Chelsea have won five Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups, two Champions Leagues and two Europa Leagues under his reign.
Posted below are the 10 richest football club owners in the world, according to The Daily Star.
10. Robert Kraft: New England Revolution ($6bn)
9. Zhang Jindong: Inter Milan ($7.6bn)
8. Nasser Al-Khelaifi: Paris Saint-Germain ($8bn)
7. Stan Kroenke: Arsenal ($9bn)
6. Philip Anschutz: LA Galaxy ($10bn)
5. Roman Abramovich: Chelsea ($12bn)
4. Dietmar Hopp: Hoffenheim ($13bn)
3. Andrea Agnelli: Juventus ($14bn)
2. Dietrich Mateschitz: RB Leipzig ($19bn)
1. Sheikh Mansour: Manchester City ($20bn)
- Blow to UEFA as Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid win their court dispute on ill-fated European Super League launch.
- VAR, handball and subs: Premier League rule changes for upcoming 2021/22 season.
- Thiago Silva’s son becomes an agent as he works on Erling Haaland to Chelsea.
- Fabrizio Romano drops new transfer claim that’ll leave Arsenal supporters buzzing.
- Man City transfer round-up: Jack Grealish update, Harry Kane plea and left-back plan.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Top 10 richest football club owners in the world revealed.