The Blues manager Thomas Tuchel has praised Pep Guardiola and his Manchester City team ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup semifinal clash. Thomas Tuchel’s view about Pep Guardiola and Mancity ahead of the FA semi-final is an indication of an entertaining match ahead.
Thomas Tuchel has always been very open about his admiration for Pep Guardiola. He even admitted last month how he has learned a lot from watching Guardiola’s famous Barcelona side in what he described as an “eye-opener” to his younger self.
This Saturday the German will face his role model as a rival in his first encounter since he was handed the Chelsea Managerial job.
Even though he views Pep Guardiola City as one of the best European teams at the moment, the Chelsea boss believes anything can happen in a 90-minute game in football.
- Eden Hazard feelings about potentially playing against Chelsea.
- Chelsea fans angered with Real Madrid star’s comments.
- Thomas Tuchel ‘insulted’ Porto boss Sergio Conceicao.
- Thomas Tuchel explains why he wants to face Real Madrid over Liverpool in the UCL semi-final.
In an interview with BT Sport’s FA Cup semi-finals preview, Tuchel said:
“He’s the guy who wins titles everywhere and has huge, huge impacts on his teams.”
“Normally, [his] teams play with huge amount of confidence on the ball, and [for the opposition] it is the toughest game that you can have.
“When you’re in the semi-finals you want to reach the final and win the final.
“You have to overcome teams like Manchester City which is for me, the benchmark in Europe, together with Bayern Munich.
“We’re well aware of the challenge, we will arrive with self-confidence, full of respect.
“But it’s a knock-out game that hopefully brings out the best in all of us.”
- Didier Drogba and Cesc Fabregas react on Chelsea’s Champions League semi-finals qualification.
- Cristian Pulisic equals Messi’s record after Porto game.
- Top 10 world most valuable clubs. Latest list.
- Mason Mount advice that turned him into a consistent performer.
- Thomas Tuchel’s view about Pep Guardiola and Mancity ahead of FA semi-final.