Chelsea success under Thomas Tuchel is not in doubt anymore after the Blues cruised past Manchester City, and blocked the Cityzens’ quadruple chance. The German Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel reveals his tactic that worked in his win against Manchester City.
In a post-match interview, Tuchel who was pleased with his team performance named Manchester City as his benchmark Premier League team, and compared it with Barcelona and Bayern who he termed as European benchmark teams.
However, The German reveals that he used ball possession as a defense masterclass tactic against City who have been known to cruise past teams with a lot of ease. Tuchel admits prior to the FA semi-final game, he spent 90% of his time thinking about the solution to counter the Pep Guardiola team.
“I am very, very happy and proud with the performance of our team because we played with a lot of courage, we were very self-confident and were brave with and against the ball.
“We deserved a win against maybe the best manager and clearly one of the best teams. We are very happy with the performance and it will be a huge boost to our self-confidence, progression, and development.
- Timo Werner’s comments after beating Mancity in the FA semi-finals will rile Man United fans.
- Signing Haaland could be a “disaster.” Chelsea warned.
- Jorginho criticizes Frank Lampard’s long ball tactic and hails the changes brought by Thomas Tuchel.
- Thiago Silva is lucky to play football. He survived a death scare and almost gave up at 21 years.
“We do very, very few minutes in training isolated on offense or defence. We train for complex situations because the game is complex. We don’t try to divide the situations in an artificial way. That’s the first thing I want to express.
“I spend 90% of my time thinking about solutions offensively. If you have good ball possession against City, maybe it is the best way to defend.
“We are very strong in defensive numbers and statistics. That belongs to the courage of the players, the individual behaviours, and as a team. We defend very, very actively and aggressively with huge solidarity. This is the key.
“On this level, it is like this. Everyone needs to attack and defend. As I said, it was an outstanding performance in all matters and all subjects of the game. It was clear that we needed that to beat the benchmark of the Premier League which is City. I am very, very happy we could deliver that and it was a deserved win.”
- Hakim Ziyech names two Chelsea teammates likely to become managers in the future.
- Eden Hazard feelings about potentially playing against Chelsea.
- Chelsea fans angered with Real Madrid star’s comments.
- Didier Drogba and Cesc Fabregas react on Chelsea’s Champions League semi-finals qualification.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Thomas Tuchel reveals his tactic that worked in his win against Manchester City.