Thomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has made up his mind regarding the German international current Chelsea situatuion.
Werner came under massive attack last season after failing to make the impression many were anticipating following a highly awaited £47million switch from RB Leipzig.
In total, the Germany striker scored just 12 times in all competitions, adding 15 assists, and helping Chelsea conquer the Champions League and achieve a top four finish.
However, what looked to be even more concerning was Werner’s complete lack of self-confidence at times, as he lacked the composure and the killer edge he had been signed for.
As such, the 25-year-old has already been connected with a move away from Stamford Bridge, with Erling Haaland and Harry Kane mooted as big-money replacements.
According to the Sun, new Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has identified Werner as a possible transfer target this summer.
- Robert Lewandowski has already suggested at being ‘curious’ on completing Chelsea’s switch.
- Cristiano Ronaldo throws fans wild after ‘ending Antonio Rudiger’s career’ at Euro 2020.
- ‘He’s not the smartest one!’ Patrick Vieira criticizes Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger.
- Jose Mourinho’s opinion suggests Chelsea have an edge over Man Utd in Sergio Ramos chase.
But Tuchel is not said to be interested in selling his fellow countryman, hinting he may still play a big role next season.
Werner recently opened up on his frustrating first season with the Blues, and pointed to the number of opportunities he had ruled out by VAR.
The German holds his goalscoring problems at Chelsea were worsened by the video assistant referee, but is inspired by a change to the controversial offside rules.
“I read that they want to make the VAR line thicker in England,” he said.
“That would be good for me because then I would have 5 more goals this season.
“Basically the VAR is fine, and I say that, although I suffered most of it.“
With Ancelotti set to miss out on Werner, the Italian is reportedly looking at the likelihood of a mountainous £50m bid for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Ancelotti walked out on the Toffees to return to the Bernabeu earlier this month, and is now set to invade his former club, the report from the Sun earlier claims.
As part of his rebuilding plan, Ancelotti is expecting that Everton’s uncertain financial situation may force them to cash in on Calvert-Lewin.
The club are said to have lost around £240m over the past two years, and Calvert-Lewin is one of their most sellable assets to gather funds.
- Marina Granovskaia has settled on Chelsea’s next three transfer deals after the trio complete departures.
- Chelsea seems to seal double swoop for £202m pair.
- Ashley Cole teases Romelu Lukaku over his first touch and states ‘no-one respected him’ at Chelsea.
- Chelsea FC transfer updates.
- Chelsea Fixtures Premier League 2021-2022.
- World-class defender prefers Chelsea move over European powerhouses.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Thomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest.