Thursday, August 18, 2022
HomeTop NewsThomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest.

Thomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest.

Published on

3,563FansLike
3,200FollowersFollow
1,200FollowersFollow

Thomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has made up his mind regarding the German international current Chelsea situatuion.

Werner came under massive attack last season after failing to make the impression many were anticipating following a highly awaited £47million switch from RB Leipzig.

In total, the Germany striker scored just 12 times in all competitions, adding 15 assists, and helping Chelsea conquer the Champions League and achieve a top four finish.

However, what looked to be even more concerning was Werner’s complete lack of self-confidence at times, as he lacked the composure and the killer edge he had been signed for.

As such, the 25-year-old has already been connected with a move away from Stamford Bridge, with Erling Haaland and Harry Kane mooted as big-money replacements.

According to the Sun, new Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has identified Werner as a possible transfer target this summer.

ALSO READ:

But Tuchel is not said to be interested in selling his fellow countryman, hinting he may still play a big role next season.

Werner recently opened up on his frustrating first season with the Blues, and pointed to the number of opportunities he had ruled out by VAR.

The German holds his goalscoring problems at Chelsea were worsened by the video assistant referee, but is inspired by a change to the controversial offside rules.

“I read that they want to make the VAR line thicker in England,” he said.

“That would be good for me because then I would have 5 more goals this season.

“Basically the VAR is fine, and I say that, although I suffered most of it.“

With Ancelotti set to miss out on Werner, the Italian is reportedly looking at the likelihood of a mountainous £50m bid for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Ancelotti walked out on the Toffees to return to the Bernabeu earlier this month, and is now set to invade his former club, the report from the Sun earlier claims.

As part of his rebuilding plan, Ancelotti is expecting that Everton’s uncertain financial situation may force them to cash in on Calvert-Lewin.

The club are said to have lost around £240m over the past two years, and Calvert-Lewin is one of their most sellable assets to gather funds.

ALSO READ:
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE                                               JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group.                                             JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.

Thomas Tuchel makes Timo Werner transfer resolution amid Real Madrid interest.

READ MORE

Click to connect!

Follow us on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/sportsdias

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

popular

More like this

Europa League group stage draw: Who can play who? Key dates, teams involved as Manchester United and Arsenal discover fate

Manchester United and Arsenal will find out who their Europa League group stage opponents will be next week, as the race to Budapest gets underway.

The total points Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool can afford to drop in PL title contest based on last five Man City seasons

Liverpool have made a poor start to the Premier League, and there is little room for error.

Man Utd pinpoint ‘perfect’ keeper to rival David de Gea following Brentford disasterclass

Manchester United are interested in signing Everton goalkeeper Asmir Begovic as their No. 2 after identifying the Bosnian stopper as the 'perfect' backup to David de Gea.

Erik ten Hag calls up 40-goal Manchester United academy striker to first team training

Erik ten Hag has called up Charlie McNeill to the first team, and the young striker was photographed in training on Wednesday.