Emerging details suggest that the Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel ‘insulted’ FC Porto coach Sergio Conceicao after their Champions League quarter-final clash in Seville on Tuesday night.
Porto’s stunning bicycle kick from Mehdi Taremi shocked Chelsea but this late goal was not enough to stop the Blues from progressing to the semi-finals of the European Champions League competition.
The game witnessed constant fouls that were committed by both teams from the start to the stop, making it lack rhythm and quality.
Chelsea were however able to progress despite the defeat, thanks to their first-leg 2-0 win. They are now in the semi-finals and are will face Real Madrid or Liverpool.
The post-match of the clash appeared to be tense as there emerged as a scuffle on the pitch between the two managers.
Porto coach while speaking to the media after the tie strongly believes Tuchel insulted him even without speaking to him.
- Thomas Tuchel explains why he wants to face Real Madrid over Liverpool in the UCL semi-final.
- Didier Drogba and Cesc Fabregas react on Chelsea’s Champions League semi-finals qualification.
- Cristian Pulisic equals Messi’s record after Porto game.
- ‘We better face Real Madrid rather than Liverpool.’ Former Chelsea icons.
As quoted by A Bola, he said: “I was insulted by this man who is next door [Tuchel].
“My English is not perfect, there is no point in talking about it. There was no exchange of words because I was focused on the game, I don’t know why he reacted. But I didn’t understand it very well.
“I heard some insults, but it’s gone … it’s not pretty and my irritation in the end had to do with it. I didn’t even speak to him.”
Tuchel commented after the match saying:
“It was just a little argument with me and the coach and everybody was following me suddenly. I thought it was between me and the coach, but obviously it was not so. But no harm done there.”
- Chelsea outcast targets return claiming “unfinished business”
- Antonio Rudiger two word message to Kepa following Sunday bust-up.
- Pulisic new role at Chelsea revealed after the Champions League win over Porto.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom