Roma third bid for Arsenal midfielder rejected.
Arsenal have reportedly rejected a third bid from Roma for midfielder Granit Xhaka.
Jose Mourinho is a huge fan of the Switzerland midfielder and is keen to make him his first signing at his new club.
For the Swiss, it seems, will depart the Gunners after five seasons at the club. The 28-year-old has won two FA Cups during his time in north London and two Community Shield finals.
And notwithstanding an emphatic season, in terms of personal performances, Arteta is ready to part with the midfielder providing the Gunners get the right fee.
However, they haven’t got what they want just yet as according to Roma Press, Arsenal have turned down a second improved bid from the Serie A side.
That makes it the third bid Roma have presented and seen declined for the Swiss player.
- Arsenal warned about losing Kieran Tierney.
- Bruno Fernandes tries to drive Arsenal’s target to Old Trafford after Arsenal talks.
- Arsenal Transfers Latest update.
- Bukayo Saka reveals how Arsenal player reportedly linked to exit is important o the dressing room.
- Mikel Arteta identifies Unai Emery’s infamous Arsenal ‘captain’s group’ replacements.
Discussing his season personally, as well as Arsenal’s final position, Xhaka lately said: “Football is a team sport and you’re only as good as your team.
“Of course, it was a good year for me personally. I’ve always played and performed.
“But the place at the end of the season is, of course, really bitter and disappointing for us.”
And in regarding his future, the Swiss told Blick: ‘Of course I read (about the interest). But now I’m 100 percent focused on the national team here. That’s more important than Arsenal or rumors right now.
“I have another two years on my contract in London and Arsenal they know what they have in me. When the time comes to talk about a transfer, I’ll be here.”
It’s no secret that Mourinho is an enthusiast of Xhaka, having earlier spoken about the combative player in glowing terms.
“Xhaka is the main man in the entire Arsenal midfield, you can’t see it unless I lend you one of my eyes,” said the new Roma boss.
“Without him, Arsenal is lost. He is a leader. Remember, mistakes are made by humans.”
When recently asked about Mourinho’s comments, Xhaka said he was proud to receive such compliments.
“To be honest, I didn’t hear what Mourinho has said about me. But that makes you proud,” he said.
“Everyone knows Mourinho, knows what he has achieved. Mourinho knows how to win titles. You can now see what work I have done over the past few years.”
- Bukayo Saka explains ‘Little Chilli’ nickname as he sets to add spice to Garry Southgate’s attack.
- Mathieu Flamini reveals his outlook on the current Arsenal situation.
- Aaron Ramsey ‘offered’ to Arsenal, Hector Bellerin price tag ‘set’. |
- Premier League make important change to VAR for next season to end ‘armpit’ offsides.
- Granit Xhaka takes a dig at his Arsenal teammates ahead of Roma transfer.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
The third bid for Arsenal midfielder rejected.