Chelsea football club is full of depth with some of the biggest key signings that have proofed to be a headache for Chelsea managers, starting from Lampard and now Thomas Tuchel. Tammy Abraham is underrated and here is why:
Tammy Abraham has had 107 career goals contributions, which put him at a joint-highest of any current under 23 players across Europe, alongside Dortmund’s Erling Haaland who is tipped to replace him at Chelsea if they manage to win in their pursuit for the Norwegian world most demanded player.
His statistic was uploaded to Twitter by @ExpectedChelsea and Abraham was quick to respond with a couple of emojis.
- Shame on you. Worst ref ever,” Kovacic slams referee after 2-5 mauling by West Brom.
- Recarp of Aguero’s comments about Chelsea after City announced his exit
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.
- Chelsea shocks Liverpool in their ‘transfer race’ to snap up Georginio Wijnaldum on a free.
Despite all these statistics, Abraham has found his playing time at Chelsea limited with Tuchel often not preferring the England international, something that is surprising.
Abraham is just 23 years of age and by the fact that he is at par with Haaland at that age, it could save Chelsea millions in the transfer market if he is given a chance.
Thomas Tuchel however insists that he has no issues with Abraham. He said:
“In the end, we have to select 18 players for more or less 20 positions. So we have to leave three players out and Tammy was one of the three players. It’s nothing personal or nothing big. He has the same chance to play every three days like everybody else.”
- Tuchel sends Antonio Rudiger home early from training after a bust-up with one of his teammates.
- Signing Haaland could be a “disaster.” Chelsea warned.
- Jorginho criticizes Frank Lampard’s long ball tactic and hails the changes brought by Thomas Tuchel.
- Guardiola, Tuchel, and Klopp give their verdict after Champions League Draw