Spotify founder Daniel Ek Arsenal takeover bid rejected.
Arsenal have turned down a takeover bid from Spotify founder Daniel Ek, who has published a declaration insisting that he ‘remains interested and available’ should owner Stan Kroenke change his mind.
The Kroenke family have come under relentless pressure to sell the club following their failed attempts to join the breakaway European Super League, and the interest of Swedish entrepreneur Ek has left fans wishing a deal to be struck.
And it has been exposed that Ek has made a bid to try and buy Arsenal from Stan and Josh Kroenke, but that presentation was whacked away by the Americans.
Ek has been very public over his desire in purchasing the Gunners, and he released a statement on Saturday evening verifying that he has been in talks with the owners.
- Five Premier League players who have underperformed this season.
- What Arsenal need to do to make Martin Odegaard’s move permanent.
- Top 5 Premier League greatest managers of all time.
- Pep Guardiola fires Premier League warning to Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool.
“Inaccurate reports emerged today saying I have not made a bid for Arsenal Football Club.
“I think it’s important to correct the record – this week an offer was made to both Josh Kroenke and their bankers that included fan ownership, representation at the board and a golden share for the supporters.
“They replied that they don’t need the money. I respect their decision but remain interested and available should that situation ever change.”
This news will cause significant disappointment among Arsenal supporters, who have been dreaming to drive their owners away from the club.
The Gunners have regressed in recent years under Kroenke’s leadership, and their ESL ambitions confirmed to be the ultimate straw.
Fans have held major remonstrances to air their disappointment, and the pressure is growing on the Kroenke’s to sell up.
Ek’s statement offering to hand enthusiasts a place in the boardroom will be a huge factor for Gooners, who want to make sure the club’s wellbeing remains at the heart of any major resolutions.
- Mikel Arteta explains how he forced Chelsea to hand out ‘gift’.
- Ajax FC honors their fans by melting their league trophy into tiny star coins.
- Five Arsenal stars ‘have resolved to leave the club’ this summer.
- Top 50 Biggest Clubs in Britain.