Solskjaer names five United players who he was very pleased with following Leeds draw.
Manchester United picked a 0-0 draw against Leedsina game that lacked the goalmouth action expected from the caliber of such a fixture.
United had swept aside Leeds back in December in a 6-2 free-flowing excitement game, and there were lot of expectations of this clash to produce goals, but this never happened.
Despite the draw being hindering the Red Devil’s chance of closing up the gap with leaders Mancity, Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wisely chose to focus on the positives from the game following the final whistle.
- Harry Maguire insults Fred during the Premier League stalemate at Leeds.
- Solskjaer concerns about the new Champions League proposals.
- Jesse Lingard reveals he almost took a ‘timeout’ from football during the lockdown.
- Bruno Fernandes gives conditions for his new United’s contract.
Ole Gunner turned his attention to his players who were involved with keeping yet another clean sheet.
The Norweigian applauded goalkeeper Dean Henderson along with defenders Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka following their role of keeping Leeds United scoring possibility out of the equation.
Solskjaer told the United website: “It is hard to concede when the ball is in their half.
“We did well today, I thought we were assured with the ball as well – Victor, Harry, Dean, Luke and Aaron.
“When it is one against one, the times when they win the ball and break forward, it is exciting. I am disappointed we didn’t get three points, but I am very pleased with the performance.
Manchester boss went ahead to praise the team fitness level, saying:
“Normally you see Leeds in the second half running over teams, steamrollering teams, with their fitness and how strong they are.
“I thought my boys, or our boys, looked really strong, like athletes with desire and confidence. We just couldn’t get the goal, unfortunately.”
- Man Utd makes Cristiano move but will re-sign him under one condition.
- Sir Alex Ferguson full of praise for particular Arsenal and Liverpool players.
- Solskjaer forced to confront Man United protesters at training ground.
- How ‘SMART’ Ferguson outplayed Liverpool to land Cristiano at Old Trafford.