Rio Ferdinand urges Chelsea to sign £230,000-a-week star.
Former Unuted legend Rio Ferdinand has advised Chelsea to land the signature of Manchester City star Sergio Aguero, with the player contract coming to an end at Etihad this summer.
Aguero has spent the past decade with the Cityzens, but it has been verified that he will leave the club for free when his contract lapses in June.
The 32-year-old is expected to pull plenty of transfer interest, and Ferdinand believes theChelsea should sign him if he decides to stay in England.
He said on his Youtube channel:
“I think he stays in the Premier League. If I’m Chelsea I take him now. If I’m Chelsea I go and get him… quick!”
“If I’m them I go and get Aguero if I can’t get a Haaland or someone like that.”
Chelsea have undergone a huge turnaround to their season following Thomas Tuchel’s succession in January.
- Ander Herrera Made Some Strange Claims After Manchester City Beat PSG.
- Zidane fires warning to Chelsea, with Real waiting to ‘fight to the death.’
- Rio Ferdinand changes his mind and predicts who’ll win Chelsea v Madrid clash.
- Seven Chelsea untouchables Tuchel is set to play against against Real Madrid.
- Hakim Ziyech names two Chelsea teammates likely to become managers in the future.
The club are three points clear of fifth-placed West Ham United in the league with a higher goal difference and looks in a great position to secure a Champions League spot.
Meanwhile, they are already into the FA Cup final, and can reserve their place in the Champions League final with an aggregate triumph over Real Madrid later today.
Tuchel will likely be backed with transfer funds to bolster the squad. He is reportedly eyeing a new striker with Timo Werner failing to create impact n front of the goal.
Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland has been connected with a possible move, but he could cost more than £178 million with transfer fees and salaries combined.
The Blues also have to battle with strong opposition from the Cityzens. If they miss out, Aguero would be a kind of low-cost option to add to the frontline.
He has had an injury-plagued campaign this season, but the Argentine has comprehensive league experience and continues to be one of the best in the market.
Aguero is on wages of around £230,000-a-week, and the Blues have the financial muscle to meet his requirements, which could include a sizeable signing-on fee.
- Chelsea enters the race for Jadon Sancho as Tuchel is determined to beat Manchester United and Liverpool as he stares at a reunion.
- Ballon d’Or 2021 Power Rankings. Top 20.
- Not Kevin De Bruyne, Not Bruno Fernandes. Who tops in the best premier league players this season?
- Top 5 Young Stars Who Could Win The Ballon d’Or in future