Advice and praise altogether from Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.
Former Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand has come out to challenge the France international Paul Pogba to step up and start producing consistently if he believes Manchester United are close to winning things.
Ferdinand was speaking on his Vibe with Five podcast and believes that Pogba can now sense that his club Manchester United are in a good position to start challenging for trophies again after the club’s recent struggles.
“Do you know the mad thing about Paul Pogba? He left United when they were winning everything and, when he came back, he found a very different Man United.
“Bearing in mind he was off the back of winning a World Cup, he came back and nothing had changed. The club’s direction was a bit skew-whiff and I think that messed with him.
“He’d been winning at Juventus and then France and he wanted to win.
“Not everyone is a person that can galvanize a football club but you can be part of that process and I think he’s very much someone who can be part of that.
- Luke shaw reveal how football changed his police path.
- Scott McTominay Points out three players who were responsible for Manchester United win against Tottenham.
- An explosive row between Mourinho and Solskjaer over Son’s saga.
- Solskjaer hits back at Mourinho ahead of today’s clash.
“Now we see him smelling blood and smelling that, actually, we could be onto something here – ‘I can see the improvement this year, we’ve gone from where we finished last year to second and we could win the Europa League, I can see next season we’ll get closer again’.
“That whets his appetite and you see a different Paul Pogba, you see the Paul Pogba we all know and love. is in there”
Ferdinand added, “It’s about doing that consistently now and I think that will come if he feels the club are built to win now.”
“You’ve got to look at it from a professional footballer’s point of view as well sometimes, which we don’t, we’re all just fans and fairytale.
“A player is sat there thinking the clock is ticking and they can’t get used to not winning things, they start looking around at where else they could go – it’s disturbing and distracting.
“I’m not trying to give him excuses but I’m just thinking about some of the things that may have been going on behind the scenes as to why he’s not been as consistent and we’ve not seen this Paul Pogba as often as we’d have liked to have seen it.
“There’s no doubting that the guy, when he plays like this, is unbelievable. He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”
- Bruno Fernandes disagrees with Ole Gunner’s philosophy on success, backing Mourinho.
- Manchester United face a defensive crisis with three key players suspended in return Europa fixture
- A naked invader interrupts Man U vs Granada Europa League game.
- Paul Scholes disagrees with Ole Gunnar about who is Manchester United first-choice goalkeeper.