Christian Pulisic once again came from the bench as Chelsea overcame stubborn Porto, in a 2-0 win that increased the Blues’ chance of progressing to the semi-finals. Pulisic new role at Chelsea now seems to be clear as Tuchel prefers most often to bring the American as a substitute.
Pulisic has had a very disappointing campaign at Stamford Bridge. Injuries have ruined his playing time. He has scored just three goals and contributed two assists for his team. The American is yet to complete a full 90 minutes play since Thomas Tuchel took charge of the Chelsea team.
Tuchel approach to substitute bore fruit last night. Before the game, Tuchel had told BT Sport that N’Golo Kante who had already recovered from a hamstring injury and was fit to play would definitely be coming off the bench.
- Thiago Silva is lucky to play football. He survived a death scare and almost gave up at 21 years.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom.
- Tuchel sends Antonio Rudiger home early from training after a bust-up with one of his teammates.
- Champions League. Best team that failed to win plus ranking of worst to best winners.
At full time, The German spoke about the importance of having “impact from the bench physically, but also with quality” a point that clearly seems to be more applicable to Christian Pulisic case.
According to the theory, Tuchel prefers Pulisic introduction to come late in the game, with the hope that his pace is enough to punish tired opponents. This theory is becoming difficult to dispute despite Pulisic start during West Bromwich Albion 5-2 mauling last Saturday.
Christian Pulisic’s role may now be interpreted to stretch wilting defenses during the final game stages and contribute the final blow. He is therefore regarded as a game-changer despite his limited time on the pitch.
After the game, Tuchel said:
“I wanted to have an impact from the bench,
“Christian has a good momentum, We wanted to give the sign that we keep on going [in the game].”
- Ten Premier League 2020/2021 most underrated players.
- Ranking of Top 10 Best European clubs of the decade.
- 10 footballers who murdered.
- Thomas Tuchel is an overachiever! Chelsea are different beasts!
- Chelsea Should Have Sacked Lampard Earlier. Chelsea Could Be FLYING