‘Postpone the game’: Some Liverpool supporters react to what they’ve heard ahead of Leeds encounter
SomeLiverpool supporters on social media have been reacting after it was reported that they’ll be without their three Brazil internationals against Leeds United this weekend.
In what is a rather strange ruling, FIFA have reportedly chosen to sanction the Brazilian players who weren’t released for international duty during this break, with the likes of Alisson Becker, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino now facing five-day suspensions.
This will mean that the trio will miss the match against Leeds United, and as you can imagine, Liverpool fans aren’t best satisfied with this news.
The Reds’ squad has already taken a hit during this break with Takumi Minamino and Harvey Elliott picking up injuries, so this is another undesirable update.
Liverpool head to Elland Road with a reduced squad, and supporters simply can’t believe that this sanction is being placed upon their players.
- Liverpool player on verge of history, could break 60-year international record
- Jurgen Klopp told to axe player or risk losing Premier League title hunt
- Alberto Moreno makes shock Liverpool contract claim following Jurgen Klopp talks
- Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita entangled in Guinea political situation as FIFA release statement
- Trent Alexander-Arnold alleges player Liverpool sold for £44m is simply ‘spectacular’ now
- ‘I really wanted to go to Liverpool’: Frenchman frustrated he’s not at Anfield now
One fan even called for the match to be postponed, noting that Leeds will also be affected by the absence of Raphinha.
Here’s what the Anfield faithful have been saying on social media…
- Mo Salah makes eye-watering wage request during Liverpool contract discussion
- ‘Hate to see it’, ‘Terminate his contract’ – Many Liverpool supporters are outraged at Friday development
- Gabby Agbonlahor reveals why Manchester United and Liverpool WONT battle Man City and Chelsea for the Premier League title this term
- Jamie Carragher names two Liverpool stars that need upgrading
- Liverpool hero Phil Thompson identifies one Man City star he thinks will deny Reds the title
- ‘It’s amazing’: Sadio Mane says Liverpool have a player who is simply ‘one of the best’