Pogba set to be the highest-paid player in the Premier League with positive talks ongoing
Manchester United could reportedly be set to bind Paul Pogba down to a huge fresh deal worth as much as £400,000 a week.
The France international’s name often appears to make the headlines for the wrong logic, but his improved form for Man Utd last season could now be set to see him pledge his future to the club.
It could even land him a huge pay increament, with positive noises seemingly coming from Pogba’s camp and from United’s end about delivering him a new deal to make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League, according to the Sun.
Pogba already earns around £290,000 a week, according to the report, and many United supporters will be disputing if he’s even been worth that amount.
Some will surely question the reasoning of the Red Devils banging up his pay even more, as Bruno Fernandes has suddenly come in and out-shone the 28-year-old with his performances in midfield.
- Man Utd criticized for their naivety after their second improved bid to land Jadon Sancho fail to meet Dortmund’s requirements.
- Louis Saha identifies two Man United signing that would make Manchester United ‘unstoppable’.
- Shock to Man City and Chelsea as KPMG reveals Harry Kane’s actual transfer value.
- Man Utd discovers two ‘non-negotiable’ demands Dortmund want for Jadon Sancho after the second bid.
- Borussia Dortmund reacts to Manchester United’s fresh Jadon Sancho transfer bid.
Of course, on his day Pogba is a world-class player and United won’t want to gamble losing him on the cheap this summer, or even on a free transfer in a year’s time.
It might not be a wrong idea to tie Pogba down for at least a bit longer, with the club then having the alternative to sell for big money in the near future if they choose that’s the best thing to do.
The France starlet, 28, is going into the final 12 months of his deal and United are willing to offer him a staggering £400,000 a week over the next five years.
His new pay package would exceed the £375k a week that United team-mate David de Gea earns.
United will wait until after the Euros with France, before concluding the structure of his new terms.
Pogba has been in discussions with agent Mino Raiola over the last year on what his intentions are for the future.
He could demand huge wages and a hefty signing-on fee if he was to become a free transfer next summer.
The Red Devils are looking to make another record signing this summer, and drive for the Premier League title.
- Cesc Fabregas offers advice to Jack Grealish about Man United and Man City move.
- Comprehensive list of all the Premier League ins and outs.
- Paul Pogba Manchester United contract headache.
- Man Utd to offer outcast duo, as clear pathway to Varane deal emerges.
- Jadon Sancho deal reaches ‘final’ stage but it is not yet over for Solskjaer.
- Manchester United left floundering as their top transfer target is taken off the market.
- Manchester United transfer updates.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Pogba set to be the highest-paid player in the Premier League with positive talks ongoing.