Pogba reveals why he loves playing with Bruno Fernandes.
Manchester United and French World Cup winner Paul Pogba has explained why he loves playing with Bruno Fernandes and how their on-field relationship is thriving at Old Trafford.
Pogba has flourished on the pitch for the Reds since he returned from a hamstring injury in mid-March, and scored in a return game from the bench against AC Milan. Pogba has provided three assists in the five matches since his return.
The Frenchman has had a lively combination with all of his teammates during his recent purple patch, including Bruno Fernandes, who he says is a joy to play with on the pitch.
Speaking to MUTV’s Mark Sullivan, Pogba said:
I enjoy playing with Bruno. He’s someone who understands the game and understands the movement that can give you a beautiful pass, he can finish too. He’s all over the place, he can do everything really… except defending!
“But really, it’s always a joy to play him, to understand him. He understands me as well, he can take my position, I can take his position as well. I think he suits the team, he’s a very dominant influence in our team.”
- Paul Scholes is concerned about Arsenal’s advantage who might cruise past Manchester United if the two teams meet in the Europa final.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reminds Pep Guardiola that ‘Bigger leads have been given away’ over title race.
- Timo Werner’s comments after beating Mancity in the FA semi-finals will rile Man United fans.
- Manchester United not giving up on the title race according to Ole Gunnar
Pogba, whose closeness with his teammates is as a result of a variety of things, 27 years old is passionate about dancing. On the issue of who has better dancing moves in the United’s dressing room, Pogba said:
“It depends [on the type of dance],”
“Eric is the best African dancer, I’m more e-pop and American dance and stuff like this. We complete each other I will say!
Speaking on the importance of those connections within the dressing room, and how his own spirited personality behind the scenes can help the team on the pitch, Pogba said:
“I’m just myself with the guys and if it can help them to be relaxed and be happy and have a good performance, then I will keep doing it obviously,” said Pogba.
“I think it’s important to have a group that gel well together because football is teamwork and you have to be with everyone, you have to be connected, that’s how you win.”
“When you’re connected like this, it’s easier to win.”
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals he only coached four ‘World-Class’ players at Manchester United.
- Manchester United finally breaks silence on Jesse Lingard’s future.
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”