Pogba had a love hate relationship with United former manager. Pogba digs at Mourinho and Praises the current Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in an honest interview with Sky Sports.
Paul Pogba has slammed former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho in an honest interview. Pogba, who won the World Cup with France, was talking to sky sports when he made these allegations.
Pogba had a love-hate relationship with Mourinho during the Portuguese’s era at Old Trafford, and their relationship completely broke down in the months prior to Mourinho’s sacking.
In his interview with Sky, Paul Pogba compared Mourinho and current boss Ole Gunnar Solskaer. Pogba, who did not hold back on his honesty blatantly claimed Solskjaer never ‘cuts off players for no reason”.
Pogba told Sky Sports:
“What I have now with Ole is different, he wouldn’t go against the players,”
“He wouldn’t go against the players.” “Maybe Ole wouldn’t pick them, but it’s not like he puts them on the side like they don’t exist anymore. That’s the difference between Mourinho and Ole.”
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals he only coached four ‘World-Class’ players at Manchester United.
- Manchester United finally breaks silence on Jesse Lingard’s future.
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”
- Luke shaw reveal how football changed his police path.
“Once I had a great relationship with Mourinho, everybody saw that, and the next day you don’t know what happened. That’s the strange thing I had with Mourinho and I cannot explain to you because even I don’t know. So, yeah.”
Jose Mourinho is infamous for falling out with players, with some pundits arguing that this is the reason he tends to have the ‘third season syndrome’ where he is always sacked in his third season as manager at best.
It is remembered in 2018 when a video went viral of Mourinho having a spar with Pogba in training. The Portuguese was livid with Pogba for being on social media at the time Manchester United were enduring a streak of defeats.
The Frenchman was then stripped of the vice-captaincy at Manchester United, an act proved to be the final nail on the coffin in their already struggling relationship.
Pogba further explained in the interview that Solskjaer close relationship with players makes him arguably the better manager.
Maybe [Solskjaer’s methods work] because he is a bit closer to the people,”
“Every coach has their own way to coach and deals with players, and as a player, you have to adapt. Sometimes it doesn’t suit you and sometimes it does.
“Ole has helped Luke a lot, it was a difficult season with Luke and Mourinho, and he has proved he has the quality he always had and the trust of the manager.”
- Paul Scholes disagrees with Ole Gunnar about who is Manchester United first-choice goalkeeper.
- Top 30 attacking players in Europe top 15 leagues this season.
- A view of Sergio Romero’s £3.5 million house on sale.
- Former Manchester United star who now works as a builder.
- Champions League. Best team that failed to win plus ranking of worst to best winners.