Player pulled out of training as a move to Chelsea closes in. A late deal A late deal imminent
Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has missed a training session with the La Liga side this afternoon, according to the latest allegations from Spain.
Amid claims of a move to Chelsea, El Larguero writes that the 26-year-old did not take part in the team’s workouts today, strange other players such as João Félix, who were also involved in transfer rumors.
Regarding Niguez’s possible transfer to Stamford Bridge, outlet Marca is one of those breaking the news, claiming the Blues are ‘very close’ to an agreement to sign the 26-year-old on a loan move.
They say the Blues are paying €5m on a temporary move, as Thomas Tuchel’s side will also pay his wages and have a buying option for the end of the season.
- Thomas Tuchel reveals why Chelsea’s favorite is yet to play a game this term
- ‘Thank you son’: Didier Drogba reacts to former Blues teammate’s farewell to Chelsea following summer departure
- Tuchel asserts Chelsea could have ‘hurt’ Liverpool more had he been able to use two players
- Too bitter to take: Eduard Mendy pours out his frustration on Henderson after Liverpool penalty trick slotted in by Salah
The transfer is also being backed up by Cope. They claim Saul’s exit from Atletico Madrid is ‘about to get done’.
The outlet says the compromises between the Colchoneros and Chelsea are ‘practically settled’, even though they don’t bring as many details as Marca.
Chelsea will have to pay a fee of €35m to Atletico Madrid if they want to keep the 26-year-old permanently at Stamford Bridge.
Personal terms have also been agreed and Chelsea are now racing to sort out all the paperwork for the deal to go through.
Saul is in Madrid and will undergo a medical in the Spanish capital ahead of his move to London.
He has been wanting to leave Atletico Madrid all summer and is now seem to be getting his wish on deadline day.
- “I will…” – What Lukaku told Chelsea teammates after scoring banger in training
- “The best in Premier League”: Manchester United legend makes Chelsea defender claim
- Unhappy Chelsea fans abuse Trevoh Chalobah, tells him to get out of their club following Declan Rice tweet
- Rio Ferdinand reveals Romelu Lukaku’s weakness after Chelsea overcame Arsenal
Player pulled out of training as a move to Chelsea closes in. A late deal imminent