Paul Pogba identifies Man Utd team-mate as the most deadly finisher he has ever played with
Paul Pogba has identified his Manchester United teammate Mason Greenwood as the most lethal finisher he has ever played alongside.
Everything the 19-year-old has touched has turned to gold this campaign, and he has bagged in all three of United’s fixtures.
Greenwood’s goal was the contrast at Molineux over the weekend as the Red Devils traveled back up north with the three points secured.
Pogba’s remarks towards the young Englishman are no small recognition either.
The World Cup winner has graced the pitch with Kylian Mbappe, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paulo Dybala, Antoine Griezmann, and, more recently, Edinson Cavani and Karim Benzema.
- Solskjaer makes personal intervention to block Man Utd transfer deal
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals the ideal position for Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd ahead of his second debut
- Wayne Rooney sends warning to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following Cristiano Ronaldo signing
- Ronaldo may have to wear two different shirt numbers at Man United this season
“Mason, I think he’s more left foot, he dribbles more with his left but to shoot he can shoot with both, his finishing is unreal,” Pogba told Stadium Astro.
“I think he’s the best finisher that I’ve seen, that I’ve trained with so far. He’s unbelievable, I wish he can score more goals and improve and help us to win titles.
“He’s very young and very talented so we want to push him to become better and better.”
Pogba’s ‘so far’ remarks have also drawn attention, with some seeing it as a gauntlet thrown down for the incoming Cristiano Ronaldo.
Greenwood’s goals have thrust United to an extremely fast start to the new campaign.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side has taken seven points from a possible nine.
Their opening day destruction of Leeds United drew plaudits to Pogba’s powerful central midfielder display as Greenwood found the net.
- Man United inclined to seal two new signings following Romano update
- Manchester United make a decision on Edinson Cavani’s number 7 shirt following Cristiano Ronaldo arrival
- Man Utd confirm what Cristiano Ronaldo deal means to Edinson Cavani
- ‘It’s painful’ – Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs supporters react to Man Utd Cristiano Ronaldo transfer
- Man United identifies ‘first’ priority in potential last transfer move
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer suggests he will disregard Bruno Fernandes’ Man Utd transfer demand