Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has last laughter after Liverpool transfer scheme to “steal” from Man Utd
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had the last laugh this summer what with Manchester United closing up on Jadon Sancho.
The England international was associated with a number of top clubs before he secured a £73million transfer to Old Trafford, putting pen to paper on a five-year contract.
Among the clubs involved in Sancho was Liverpool.
The Reds’ electric front three of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane are all 29 years old and Jurgen Klopp is keen to add some youth to his attacking positions going forward.
Before Man United accepted on terms with Sancho, former Liverpool star Fabio Borini spoke out about Sancho and hinted the Reds hatch a plan to snap up the winger ahead of the Red Devils.
“Looking at Liverpool’s competitors I think more depth in the attacking positions would do the team good,” Borini told CaughtOffside. “Jadon Sancho would be a great signing and it would be fun to steal him from Man United.”
- Erling Haaland remarks on playing with Jadon Sancho as Man Utd launch transfer plan.
- Star ‘buzzing’ to sign for Man Utd as soon as possible, flying to Manchester tomorrow.
- Sky Sports drop exhilarating Man Utd update that’ll leave fans buzzing.
- Saul Niguez’s reps flying into UK on Monday to finalize transfer with Man Utd and Liverpool set to battle it out.
- United-bound Varane bids goodbye to Real Madrid after ‘wonderful’ decade in LaLiga.
Liverpool slipped to make a bid for Sancho this summer before United snapped him up, proclaiming the transfer would take place after the Euros while the competition was in full flow.
Sancho was declared shortly after the end of the tournament, in which England were defeat in the final in a penalty shoot-out against Italy.
Upon joining Man United, Sancho said: “I’ll always be grateful to Dortmund for giving me the opportunity to play first-team football, although I always knew that I would return to England one day.
“The chance to join Manchester United is a dream come true and I just cannot wait to perform in the Premier League.
“This is a young and exciting squad and I know, together, we can develop into something special to bring the success that the fans deserve. I am looking forward to working with the manager and his coaching team to further develop my game.”
Solskjaer added: “Jadon epitomises the type of player I want to bring to the club, he is a forward player in the best traditions of Manchester United. He will form an integral part of my squad for years to come and we look forward to seeing him blossom.
“His goals and assists records speak for themselves and he will also bring tremendous pace, flair and creativity to the team.
“Old Trafford will give him the platform he needs to release his untapped talent and perform at the highest level. For a player of his age, Jadon has already achieved a great deal and showed the courage to go and prove himself abroad.
“We all look forward to welcoming Jadon to the squad as we prepare for the new campaign.”
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims credit for some of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney’s tricks and flicks.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reacts to Manchester United agreeing Raphael Varane transfer.
- Marcus Rashford pleads with supporters after Man Utd affirm Raphael Varane agreement.
- ‘I have signed for Manchester United’..Talented star validates he has left Liverpool for Red Devils.
- Van Dijk no longer Prem’s best defender with Maguire, Silva and Dias leading him. Here are top 5.
- Roberto Carlos places challenge for Luke Shaw at Manchester United.
- Man United fans poke fun at Arsenal as bargain Raphael Varane fee exposed.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has last laughter after Liverpool transfer scheme to “steal” from Man Utd.