Ole Gunnar Solskjaer encounters setback on Man Utd’s Raphael Varane transfer as Varane will be going nowhere anytime soon.
Manchester United will have to wait even longer before endorsing the arrival of Raphael Varane.
It comes after the Red Devils and Real Madrid struck an agreement over the acquisition of the France international.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been hopeless to sign a centre-back this summer to partner Harry Maguire up with a world-class player.
And when Varane became a probability, United went all out for the Madrid man, who has agreed personal terms with his new club.
A settlement has been struck that will see the defender move to Old Trafford for a fee that will rise to £43m with add-ons.
However, Varane will be going nowhere anytime soon with him experiencing visa troubles, report the Telegraph.
The 28-year-old has yet to travel to Manchester due to the issue while upon arrival he will also have to quarantine before completing a medical.
- Jamie Carragher’s admission about Raphael Varane to Manchester United move.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has last laughter after Liverpool transfer scheme to “steal” from Man Utd
- Erling Haaland remarks on playing with Jadon Sancho as Man Utd launch transfer plan.
- Star ‘buzzing’ to sign for Man Utd as soon as possible, flying to Manchester tomorrow.
- Sky Sports drop exhilarating Man Utd update that’ll leave fans buzzing.
It means that an official confirmation over his arrival will take at least another week which will deal Solskjaer a problem.
The Red Devils coach would have favored having got his second transfer of the summer in early, particularly with the club set to take on Everton this weekend.
United’s pre-season plans have already been interrupted by Covid, which saw a friendly against Preston North End canceled.
The match against the Toffees is the last warm-up match of the summer before the commencement of the new Premier League term.
The Red Devils have big plans for the transfer window and have already landed long-term target Jadon Sancho.
The England international was pursued last summer but has agreed a move worth £73m to become the first arrival of the year at Old Trafford.
There are lots of other transfer options at the club with Solskjaer keen to sign a defensive midfielder and a right-back.
A striker is also on their wish list but their top picks are seen as unattainable, notably after the £110m already spent on Sancho and Varane.
Harry Kane and Erling Haaland are choices but will both cost £150m each while Eduardo Camavinga and Kieran Trippier are still being observed.
- Saul Niguez’s reps flying into UK on Monday to finalize transfer with Man Utd and Liverpool set to battle it out.
- United-bound Varane bids goodbye to Real Madrid after ‘wonderful’ decade in LaLiga.
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims credit for some of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney’s tricks and flicks.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reacts to Manchester United agreeing Raphael Varane transfer.
- Marcus Rashford pleads with supporters after Man Utd affirm Raphael Varane agreement.