Who tops in the best premier league players this season?
According to expert statistics, Manchester City’s full-back Joao Cancelo has been the best performer in the Premier League this summer.
The Portuguese defender has become an integral part of Pep Guardiola’s side who are eyeing up a thoroughly impressive treble with the Premier League and Champions League after lifting the Carabao Cup last month.
The £60million signing has beaten his teammate Kevin de Bruyne and Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes to be crowned the best player this campaign.
According to Instat, Cancelo has excelled every other player in the English topflight with his performances.
The metric used to define the rankings measure ‘the technical gestures achieved by players, their playing time, as well as the level of the competitions in which matches were played.’
- Paul Pogba names Chelsea and Real Madrid star as the toughest opponents he ever faced.
- Leicester fears Champions League heartbreak for a second successive season even if they finish top four.
- Mason Mount and Phil Foden’s performances prove Messi was right.
- The top 20 highest goal scorers in Champions League history.
Cancelo has made 25 league debuts for Pep Guardiola City this term, netting once and registering three assists.
The 26-year-old has contributed just as much to City’s attacking bravery as he has their defensive balance; with a pass completion rate of 81.8% and averaging two shots per game in the 2020/21 season.
Manchester City have commanded this ranking with Cancelo’s teammates Rodri, de Bruyne, and Riyad Mahrez holding the top four places.
West Ham’s January loan arrival Jesse Lingard has ranked fifth in the order after re-igniting his fire during his short-term loan move from OldTrafford outfit Manchester United.
City’s Ilkay Gundogan, Aston Villa forward Jack Grealish, John Stones, Joel Matip and Kurt Zouma make up the top ten on the InStat Performance Index.
However, the statistics have thrown up a few surprises with players such as Tottenham striker Harry Kane missing out on the top scores.
- Manchester United could face a points deduction under Premier League rules over the ugly scenes at Old Trafford.
- Top 5 Young Stars Who Could Win The Ballon d’Or in future.
- Chelsea aims for a new record and landmark Champions League double.
- English Premier League’s top earners in each position.
Not Kevin De Bruyne, Not Bruno Fernandes. Who tops in the best premier league players this season?