Mikel Arteta gives his thoughts on Chelsea fans following ESL fiasco.
Chelsea fans drew attention from all over the world after their protest successfully put their club under pressure, and forced them to withdraw from the Super League.
And Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has given his view on the scenes outside Stamford Bridge when Chelsea supporters demonstrated against the European Super League ahead of Brighton clash.
Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal was one of the clubs included in the competition’s potential development as the founding members.
Speaking in his press conference, which was covered by the club’s official website, Arsenal manager Arteta was asked whether he saw the protests from Blues fans on Tuesday evening.
- Tempers high as Mikel Arteta leaves a message to Arsenal fans ahead of planned protests against Stan Kroenke.
- Barcelona issue a strong statement regarding the collapsed Super League.
- Florentino Perez mocks Chelsea fans following their European Super League protests.
- Ed Woodward sends message to Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham Directors after the European Super League debacle.
Mikel Arteta responded:
“Again, people and fans are free to express their feelings, and if they decide to do it that way, we have to respect that and we have to listen to them.
“World football listened to them and that’s why they made the decision afterward to withdraw from the project.”
Chelsea game against Brighton was delayed, and although it was able to proceed uninterrupted, it was overshadowed by events that were happening off the pitch.
As the game inside the stadium rumbled on, it was announced that Chelsea had withdrawn themselves from the project.
Manchester City and the other Premier League sides involved gradually pulled out as well, leaving the plan in tatters.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom
- Cristian Pulisic equals Messi’s record after Porto game.
- Hakim Ziyech names two Chelsea teammates likely to become managers in the future.
- Eden Hazard feelings about potentially playing against Chelsea.
- Chelsea fans angered with Real Madrid star’s comments.