Mason Greenwood tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of his preferred playing position.
Manchester United star Mason Greenwood has sent a message to his boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer over his most preferred position at Manchester United.
Mason Greenwood has broken into the Norwegian first-team plans over the last two seasons and has developed into one of the main options in United’s front three for Ole Gunnar.
Greenwood has traditionally been seen as a center-forward and a prolific one at that for United’s youth teams. However, Solskjaer has mainly deployed the 19-year-old on the right-wing position.
This has happened since the start of his Greenwood Manchester United’s career, with many of Greenwood’s early substitute appearances in the Premier League often coming out wide.
- Will Ryan Giggs Go To Prison? Man Utd Legend Charged With ASSAULT.
- How Edison Cavani helped Greenwood complete a comeback against Brighton.
- Paul Scholes disagrees with Ole Gunnar about who is Manchester United first-choice goalkeeper.
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals he only coached four ‘World-Class’ players at Manchester United.
With this trend regarding his new United role seemingly not ending soon,
Greenwood has made 20 more appearances on the wings as preferred to the middle position.
Greenwood has not been unsuccessful out wide by statistics as he has scored eight goals and set up four assists from his less-favored position.
And Manchester United coach has also insisted that Greenwood is not yet ready to lead the line for United, despite the team likely needing a replacement for current first-choice striker Edinson Cavani.
However, Greenwood disagrees with his manager, insisting that though he will play whatever position he is deployed, he still views himself as a center-forward and not a winger.
The 19 years old told Stadium Astro:
“Long-term I want to be in that No.9 role but if I play on the right or in that No.9 role wherever the manager picks me or tells me to play I’ll go out there and do my best.”
“I like it in both areas, there’s no grey areas if I’m on the wing or upfront they are basically the same for me I’m going out there playing football with a smile on my face.
“I want to win a lot of trophies I want to be at United being the guy who is scoring all the goals at United that’s my dream since I’ve been a little kid really.
“To win a lot of silverware that’s another thing I want to do and hopefully we can do that this season with the Europa League but I just want to be the man scoring goals.”
- Manchester United finally breaks silence on Jesse Lingard’s future.
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”
- Top 30 most dangerous goal-scoring partnerships in the 21 century.
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.