Manchester United player set to be axed after Jadon Sancho addition, Tottenham interested
The report that Manchester United were close to agreeing a contract for the transfer of Jadon Sancho took social media by storm on Friday.
The transfer epic, which seemed like it would never end at one point, has aggravated fans for over 12 months.
But with a positive conclusion looking likely, it’s now stated that Anthony Martial will be the ‘major casualty’ over a contract as uncertainties over his future at the club arise.
Martial strived in the 2020/21 season despite finishing the season before as the club’s top scorer and the impending arrival of Jadon Sancho could put his place in danger.
That’s according to The Mirror, who maintains that Martial is anticipated to be sold this summer to make way for Sancho. The publication also claims that Tottenham, who United defeat to the Frenchman’s signature in 2015, are engaged in the player.
- Manchester United supporters in frenzy as Edinson Cavani eclipses Thierry Henry’s record.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sensational chat with staff about Jadon Sancho transfer
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba make mutual transfer expressions in Euro 2020 thriller.
- Jose Mourinho and Luke shaw insults continue. Mourinho digs out Shaw over ‘dramatically bad’ detail.
- Jose Mourinho scrutinizes Bruno Fernandes’ displays at Euro 2020.
- Manchester United transfer round-up.
The former Monaco striker had his season cut short after suffering a knee contusion on international duty, which also ruled him out of this summer’s European Championships.
According to ESPN, inquiries made by representatives and intermediaries over the availability of Martial and Donny van de Beek have been met with a response from the club that ‘every player has a genuine valuation’.
Martial is under contract until June 2024, while United also have the alternative to extend his deal by another year.
He is far from the only player under threat. Diogo Dalot and Andreas Pereira, who spent last season on loan with AC Milan and Lazio respectively, could leave again.
A decision is yet to be made on Jesse Lingard’s future, while Axel Tuanzebe could depart on loan for the 2021/22 campaign.
Martial struggled for fitness last season and added just seven goals and four assists in 36 appearances across all competitions for United.
- Good news to Manchester United fans as United makes an improved offer for Jadon Sancho.
- Fabrizio Romano provides update to Man United supporters on Jadon Sancho situation.
- Mystery Manchester United youngster has inquiries from 20 clubs.
- Pogba set to be the highest-paid player in the Premier League with positive talks ongoing.
- Man Utd criticized for their naivety after their second improved bid to land Jadon Sancho fail to meet Dortmund’s requirements.
- Louis Saha identifies two Man United signing that would make Manchester United ‘unstoppable’.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Manchester United player set to be axed after Jadon Sancho addition, Tottenham interested.