Jesse Lingard has been on super form at West Ham after a loan move from Manchester United. He has scored eight goals in nine games for West Ham. Manchester United finally breaks the silence on Jesse Lingard’s future amid impressive West Ham form.
Lingard is approaching the final year of his Manchester United contract and played three times for the club this season before joining West Ham – with all of the three appearances coming in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has refused to say if Manchester United would offer him a new contract when completes his loan spell with West Ham.
Lingard’s goals in nine Premier League games have been crucial as it has propelled West Ham up to fourth in the table, and has seen the forward return to the England Southgate squad for the first time in nearly two years for last month’s World Cup qualifiers.
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”
- Luke shaw reveal how football changed his police path.
- Top 10 world most valuable clubs. Latest list.
- Top 5 underpaid footballers in Europe.
Solskjaerwas asked if Lingard could get a new deal. He respondend:
“Jesse has been brilliant since he left.
“I’ve answered this quite a few times. Selfishly, we could have kept him because he’s always got a part to play.
“And he deserved a chance to play more football, that’s why we let him go to West Ham, he deserved a chance for what he’s done throughout his life for Man United.
“Of course we’ll welcome him back. I hope he goes to the Euros because with his performances now and the confidence he’s got, I don’t think that’s beyond him. And I hope he has a strong finish to the league.
“It was different here, because Bruno, the form he’s played in arguably Jesse’s favourite position, and that was the decision we made. Delighted for Jesse and wish him well for the rest of the season until he comes back.”
- Top 10 right-backs that rule the Football World right now.
- How communication mishap thwarted Manchester United’s pursuit for Erling Haaland.
- Ten Premier League 2020/2021 most underrated players.
- Ranking of Top 10 Best European clubs of the decade.