Manchester United increased their chances of progressing to the semi-final stage of the Europa League after they managed a comfortable 2-0 away win over Granada. However, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, and Scott McTominay all booked putting Manchester United into a defensive crisis ahead of Thursday’s return fixture.
Manchester United defender Eric Bailly tested positive for the coronavirus during the international break. It is not known when the Ivorian tested positive, or when he will be cleared to play again with the player highly likely to miss the Thursday return leg.
Ole Gunnar could be opted to use Axel Tuanzebe, who has started just a single game this season. Phil Jones has not played for the Red Devils since January last year due to a fitness issue. His chances of making an appearance less likely.
- A naked invader interrupts Man U vs Granada Europa League game.
- Paul Scholes disagrees with Ole Gunnar about who is Manchester United first-choice goalkeeper.
- Ole Gunnar security to be beefed up after a fan pounced on his car window.
- How Edison Cavani helped Greenwood complete a comeback against Brighton.
Solskjaer could also opt to shuffle his formation and slot in the likes of Matic but it may prove to be tricky because of the absence of McTomminy and Aaron Wan Bisasaka at the center back.
Alex Telles may likely to make a start taking the place of Luke Shaw. After a win over Granada, Ole Gunnar said:
“It was not a perfect night. We got three yellow cards and three suspensions. 2-0 is very good result.
“We know how difficult it is to come to Spain.
“We’ve got to play well to get a result.
“They [Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes] have been exceptional, so important for us
“It was a very good run by Rashford, takes the ball fantastically. Bruno is so confident on penalties even though the keeper almost saved it.
“Same as always [attitude for next week]. We want to win every game. It’s still a young team, a learning team.
“We have to improve all the time.
“Football catches you so quickly if you rest. We can’t have any other approach.”
- How ‘SMART’ Ferguson outplayed Liverpool to land Cristiano at Old Trafford.
- Erling Haaland comment about Manchester United is just a glimpse of unfolding events.
- Luke Shaw digs into Mourinho and Van Gaal man-management skills.
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT