According to a report from Sport Witness, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is aiming for a shock move for 23-year-old Sheffield United defender as a direct replacement for Fernandinho who is likely to depart.
Sander Berge has impressed a lot of clubs including Liverpool, who are also said to be monitoring the Sheffield United man.
Since signing from KRC Genk in the January window of 2020, Berge has made 30 appearances for the Premier League club.
Popular statistics website Transfermarkt value the midfielder at £15 million, however, signing a promising 23 year-old with Premier League experience could force the Blades to raise the price.
On the side of the buying club however, is the fact that Sheffield United are all but relegated back down to the Championship, and in a Covid-19 hit market could be strapped for cash as they make their way down to the second division.
Sport Witness do also provide information from Voetbal24 that suggests Sander Berge’s former club KRC Genk would be entitled to 20% of the fee from any future sale.
- Pep Guardiola attack on UEFA and FIFA. They are “killing” players with schedule.”
- World Under 20 team of the year. Who makes in the list?
- Ole Gunnar clarifies Aguero’s Manchester United transfer speculations.
- Mikel Arteta responds to Aguero’s Arsenal transfer speculations.
- Recarp of Aguero’s comments about Chelsea after City announced his exit
- Guardiola finally breaks his silence on Aguero’s exit.
- Manchester City will have to part with over £ 300 million for Haaland
- Southampton striker is a surprise Aguero’s replacement at City.
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.