Manchester City player on the verge of dumping French nationality to play for Spain.
Manchester City player Aymeric Laporte is set to change his nationality from France to Spain just before the expected European Championship, according to SI.com reports.
Fresh reports indicate that the defender was not selected in Didier Deschamps’ national team squad despite his remarkable performance for the Citizens in the Premier League this summer.
Laporte has been vital since his days with Atletico Madrid and now, he is part of the Cityzens team that won the Premier League this summer.
The 26-year-old is visibly disappointed that he was left out of the squad and with a direct request from the Spanish national team manager, there is growing speculations that Laporte will have a switch affirmed from France to Spain.
- Top 10 Goalkeepers in the World right now.
- Pep Guardiola speaks out after City’s ‘hardest’ Premier League title.
- Pep Guardiola has ‘worst fears come to light’ about Chelsea – Michael Owen.
- Top 50 Biggest Clubs in Britain.
It was gathered Aymeric Laporte got a ‘direct request’ from Spain manager Luis Enrique to make the switch – and subject to FIFA consent – will be playing in the nation’s colours come next month’s competition.
The defender, who was born in France but is of Spanish origin, spent six years playing for Athletic Bilbao before making the move to Manchester City in the January of 2018 – playing a fundamental role in securing their first Premier League title under Pep Guardiola.
Laporte has been out of favour with French manager Didier Deschamps, who has previously opted to select the likes of Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma and Barcelona’s Clement Lenglet over Aymeric Laporte for the centre-back role.
Should Laporte switch materialize, the 26 years old will join the likes of Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos and fellow Manchester City teammate Eric Garcia in the competition for the center-back position under manager Enrique.
- Wayne Rooney makes a shocking revelation about his time at Manchester United.
- Kai Havertz declares that he’s found his ‘perfect position’ at Chelsea.
- Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke told what he must do to keep the best players at the club
- What Mohamed Salah said about Chelsea amid Liverpool transfer rumors.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Manchester City player on the verge of dumping French nationality to play for Spain