Liverpool player Thiago Alcantara sends a cryptic message with Philippe Coutinho post
Thiago Alcantara has posted a cryptic message involving a former Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho.
Prior to joining Liverpool last summer, Thiago authenticated himself as one of the world’s best midfielders at Bayern Munich.
He played a crucial role in helping the Bundesliga giants win the Champions League last year, and did so with the help of former Red Philippe Coutinho.
The Brazilian joined Bayern on a season-long loan from Barcelona for the 2019/20 campaign and famously scored against his mother club in the semi-final last season.
Thiago has remained good friends with Coutinho after the two left Bayern last summer, and now the Liverpool midfielder has posted a cryptic message involving the former Red.
- Brazil threaten to make Liverpool pair ineligible to play for Liverpool for 5 days – to miss Leeds trip
- ‘It has changed.’ Jordan Henderson reveals dressing room change as Liverpool might have repeated transfer blunder
- Liverpool announce new deal after completing shock late reversal
- Fabrizio Romano provides transfer update for Liverpool FC supporters ahead of transfer deadline
While clubs are on a break for international duty, the players not with their own countries are enjoying a mini-break at the start of the campaign.
Thiago was not picked by the Spain national team, while Coutinho was not picked for Brazil either.
The Liverpool No.6 posted a picture on Twitter of himself posing alongside Coutinho, along with the caption: “matando a saudade”, which translates to “killing the longing” from Spanish.
Thiago has made one appearance so far for Liverpool this term, coming off the bench as a substitute for the latter stages of the draw with Chelsea last weekend.
- Fabinho’s wife mocks Gary Neville’s match commentary during Liverpool’s encounter with Chelsea
- Jurgen Klopp shuts down Chelsea claims as he explains Blues ‘deserved’ draw
- Jurgen Klopp reveals his reaction at Liverpool’s tough Champions League draw
- Ex-PL player drops huge Lewandowski to Liverpool claim
- ‘It’s inappropriate’: Premier League manager slams Liverpool manager for his ‘wrestling’ comments