Sunday, August 14, 2022
HomeTop NewsLatest Wembley announcement gives Everton and Liverpool stadium capacity lift.

Latest Wembley announcement gives Everton and Liverpool stadium capacity lift.

Published on

3,563FansLike
3,200FollowersFollow
1,200FollowersFollow

Latest Wembley announcement gives Everton and Liverpool stadium capacity lift.

Everton and Liverpool have been handed a possible boost towards allowing larger capacities this coming season after it was affirmed Wembley will host 60,000 supporters next month.

On Tuesday the government affirmed that the allocation for the national stadium will be increased for the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020 in July, allowing around 75% of the ground’s full capacity.

Those crowds will be the highest for a sporting event in the country in 15 months when they take place as large crowds continue to be affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The lifting of all constraints was suspended by the government until 19 July but these games at Wembley, along with other sporting events, are being granted extra crowd capacity under its Events Research Programme.

But the move to admit increased numbers at the national stadium this summer could be good tidings for the Premier League going into next season.

ALSO READ:

Top division grounds across the country were able to welcome back fans for their final matches of the 2020/21 term as some limitations were lifted.

Everton had a 6,500-capacity crowd for their fixture against Wolves in the penultimate game of the campaign, while Liverpool had 10,000 fans in attendance for the final-day victory over Crystal Palace.

The Blues’ number was decreased due to the constraints in place at the time and concerns over the amount of social distancing likely in the tight Goodison Park concourses.

Last week the Premier League reemphasized their eagerness to welcome back full capacity crowds for the commencement of the 2021/22 season.

A statement from the organization read:
“The Premier League and its clubs are committed to the ambition of having full stadiums, including away supporters, from the start of the season, and will continue to work closely with Government and all relevant authorities, ensuring operational plans are in place ready to safely welcome supporters back to stadiums in August.”

Fans attending forthcoming games at Wembley will have to follow a strict set of stipulations including a negative Covid-19 test or proof of two vaccine doses at least 14 days before the fixture they are attending.

Government limitations regarding August 14th, when the Premier League season is due to get started, have not yet become clear – with similar protocols a possibility.

But the announcement of expanded Wembley capacities despite the full release of restrictions being delayed could be a positive sign for Everton and Liverpool as they prepare for full stadiums once again.

ALSO READ:
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE                                               JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group.                                             JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.

Latest Wembley announcement gives Everton and Liverpool stadium capacity lift.

READ MORE

Click to connect!

Follow us on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/sportsdias

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

popular

More like this

Erik ten Hag told to pack up and leave Manchester United after ‘amateur’ display vs Brentford in 4-0 drubbing

Former Aston Villa captain Gabby Agbonlahor said he would tell Erik ten Hag to "just pack up" if he was in the Manchester United hierarchy.

‘Disappointed’: Mikel Arteta admits one Arsenal player not happy

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta told the club's official website that Gabriel Jesus was "disappointed" that he did not score four goals against Leicester City on Saturday afternoon at the Emirates Stadium in the Premier League.

Erik ten Hag makes David de Gea claim following Manchester United horror display

Erik ten Hag believes David de Gea can develop into a ball-playing goalkeeper for  Manchester United.

Thomas Tuchel discloses ‘unrealistic’ transfer list for Chelsea championship challenge under Todd Boehly

Thomas Tuchel has revealed that he gave Chelsea owner Todd Boehly a 'unrealistic' transfer list that could lead to his team challenging Manchester City and Liverpool for the Premier League title right away.