Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman has come in the defense of Real Madrid after Klopp criticized Loss Blanco’s playing field following the Champions League clash. Ronald Koeman has criticized Klopp for disrespecting big clubs like Real Madrid.
Jurgen Klopp team lost 3-1 in their first leg of Champions League quatre final stage at Real Madrid. Klopp was critical regarding the temporary home to Real Madrid’s Estado Di Stefano in their build-up for their first leg champions league encounter.
Koeman ahead of the El Classico has come out to Los Blanco’s defense. Koeman said:
“He’s trying to discredit a big club like Madrid, who have chosen this time without fans to do some work on their stadium,” Koeman said.
“They are used to playing on this pitch, the opponents have to play there and it’s not an important issue for me.”
- Jurgen Klopp on Real defeat: “The referee was unfair but he didn’t lose us the game.”
- Zidane digs into Klopp’s comments on the Real Madrid pitch.
- How ‘SMART’ Ferguson outplayed Liverpool to land Cristiano at Old Trafford.
- Klopp would prefer coaching Real Mallorca over Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico.
The Barcelona coach strongly believes that some criticism regarding Real Madrid are unwarranted. He distanced himself as part of Real Madrid criticizers ahead of Saturday El Classico by saying:
“A Clasico is a different game to the others. Barcelona are doing well, [we] are on a good run, we are fighting to win,”
“Madrid have had too much criticism; they are in the Champions League and fighting for LaLiga. I’m not a supporter of the people who have criticised [them]. They have great players and it’s a great match. Both teams know the importance of winning.”
“The result is not decisive, because after tomorrow’s game we still have many games to go and it’s difficult for any team to win all their matches,”
“The team that wins [the Clasico,] will have an important morale boost to build on.”
- Liverpool’s Alexander-Arnold, Keita, and Mane racially abused following Real Madrid defeat.
- Chelsea shocks Liverpool in their ‘transfer race’ to snap up Georginio Wijnaldum on a free.
- Footballers’ funny nicknames that you should know.
- Five BIG National teams Struggling to qualify for World Cup.
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.