Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are the biggest team in Spain and are ranked among the best football clubs in the world. Liverpool coach, Jurgen Klopp has not managed any Spanish club, with his coaching career just divided between three clubs, that is, Mainz, Borussia Dortmund, and Liverpool.
Liverpool team is already in Spain ahead of their Champions League game against Real Madrid. The Germany tactician is expected to lead his team on a revenge mission against a team that beat them in the 2018 Champions League finals in Kyiv.
The weather in Spain has pleased Jurgen Klopp too much and he even joked about extending his stay in Spain and even coaching in the LaLiga Santander.
While speaking to the media ahead of the Champions League clash, Klopp was asked about the possibility of him coaching Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Atletico Madrid at one point in his coaching career, and he jokingly picked a surprise club Real Mallorca which is an island club that is currently in the LaLiga SmartBank promotion places.
- How ‘SMART’ Ferguson outplayed Liverpool to land Cristiano at Old Trafford.
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT NOW.
- Salah and Ramos rivalry not happening soon as Ramos set to miss both legs of Champions League encounter.
- Chelsea shocks Liverpool in their ‘transfer race’ to snap up Georginio Wijnaldum on a free
“If, at the end of my career, I have only trained three clubs and they are Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool then it’s not too bad,”
“So I would not regret [not coaching Real Madrid].
“But when we came out of the plane today, I regret already that I don’t live here. The weather is so much better! You are blessed for living here.
“It would like to say I fit to all of them [Barcelona, Real Madrid or Atletico].
“But, my Spanish is really bad. So, you would not enjoy that, having me in Spain and then I speak this broken Spanish.
“I always make this joke about ordering a beer, but it won’t work for a long time.
“All these clubs have great managers.
“Maybe Real Mallorca would be nice, to live there at least.”
- Real Madrid wary of Diogo Jota’s threat ahead of their Champions League clash against Liverpool.
- Footballers’ funny nicknames that you should know.
- Five BIG National teams Struggling to qualify for World Cup.
- English Premier League best goalkeepers this season.
- Liverpool new playing system that makes them dangerous.