‘He is everything Chelsea means’ – Thomas Tuchel names Chelsea’s un-droppable player.
Chelsea are set to battle it out at an exciting end to the season. After seeing off David Moyes West Ham, the Blues are in a great position now to seal their top-four position in the Premier League at the end of this season.
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel now says that he always wants his captain Cesar Azpilicueta to be on the pitch, and he proved that by putting him at right wing-back at the weekend game against West Ham just to keep him there.
While describing his captain on the Chelsea website this week, Tuchel explained;
“He is everything Chelsea means.
“He’s fantastic and I want him absolutely to be on the pitch because he’s a fantastic captain and a fantastic sportsman.
- Reason Timo Werner pointed at Tammy Abraham and Thomas Tuchel’s historic Chelsea start.
- Chilwell justifies his reason for joining Chelsea from Leicester.
- Werner explains why he cant score more than one goal for Chelsea.
- Top 30 most dangerous goal-scoring partnerships in the 21 century.
“He is everything Chelsea means in my point of view – he’s humble, he’s a fighter, he thinks constantly about winning and he does everything to be in shape every three days. He’s a true professional and there is no work too hard or distance too long for him.
“We used him as a wing-back and it was a bit hard because he had to do several long runs. It was a bit different for him but we chose the back three with Andreas, Toni and Thiago because we knew about West Ham’s strength in set-pieces and we wanted to gain some centimetres in height.
“Azpi is totally open to anything once he sees the reason why. He was very excited to be involved a bit more offensively and it’s nice to have this. The two positions [wing-back and full-back] suit him very well and he’s absolutely reliable.”
- What are Chelsea’s all-time biggest victories?
- ‘Lampard skipped some steps to become Chelsea coach.’ Jorginho.
- Mikel Arteta gives his thoughts on Chelsea fans following ESL fiasco.
- Eden Hazard feelings about potentially playing against Chelsea.
- Chelsea fans angered with Real Madrid star’s comments.