Harry Maguire insults Fred during the Premier League stalemate at Leeds.
Manchester United captain Harry Maguire was heard aiming an expletive insult at Brazil international Fred during the Premier League stalemate at Leeds.
Manchester United were unable to reduce City’s 11 points lead advantage and endured a frustrating afternoon at Elland Road. United were unable to unpick Leeds United side with the game forced to be settled for a 0-0
Maguire was seen very frustrated with his teammate Fred at one point of the game coming into the second half. However, the England international marshaled the Manchester United defense to a clean sheet.
Maguire appeared to take issue with Fred’s positioning in the 72nd minute and told him that in no uncertain terms, calling the Brazilian midfielder a “f***ing idiot”.
- Mason Greenwood tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of his preferred playing position.
- Will Ryan Giggs Go To Prison? Man Utd Legend Charged With ASSAULT.
- Jesse Lingard reveals he almost took a ‘timeout’ from football during the lockdown.
- Bruno Fernandes gives conditions for his new United’s contract.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was later quizzed on the incident and was quick to state that it was merely the product of his side’s “high standards”.
Speaking to reporters, Ole said:
“We have got a group that demands a lot of each other
“The standard is high, both on training and in a game, it is not just about being a nice guy.
“I never thought they threatened our goal in the second half but we missed a little bit of spark to win the game.”
Harry Maguire who faced the press after the full-time whistle failed to comment on the incident, but instead, he turned his attention to the upcoming Europa League semi-final against Roma scheduled on Thursday.
Maguire told Sky Sports :
“It was tight. We had control of the game without punishing them.
“We knew how they would play, our attacking players love a one v one but today it wasn’t to be.
“We kept them to a minimum, we were solid. We just couldn’t find that edge. The intensity was there, both teams were trying to play the right way.
“Bruno Fernandes had the best chance of the game and on another day he puts it in the back of the net and we take the points. It’s a big week for us.”
- Man Utd makes Cristiano move but will re-sign him under one condition.
- Sir Alex Ferguson full of praise for particular Arsenal and Liverpool players.
- Solskjaer concerns about the new Champions League proposals.
- Paul Scholes disagrees with Ole Gunnar about who is Manchester United first-choice goalkeeper.