Harry Kane makes a vow to Chelsea supporter who died celebrating his goal against Germany
England skipper Harry Kane has vowed to ‘give it everything’ to honour the memory of Charlie Naughton who tragically passed away earlier this week while observing the Three Lions’ historic victory over Germany at Wembley.
Gareth Southgate’s side advanced to the quarter finals of Euro 2020 following a 2-0 victory, during which Kane scored his long-awaited first goal of the competition and guaranteeing a nerve-shredding final few minutes was avoided.
While the rest of the nation was partying in the celebrations, paramedics worked for three hours to try and bring Naughton back to life but the Chelsea supporter finally passed away aged just 29.
Ahead of the match against Ukraine in Rome, Kane wrote on Twitter:
“I’m so sorry to hear about Charlie passing away – my thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends.
- Marina Granovskaia to finalize three quick sales to fund £100m transfer.
- How Borussia Dortmund have made more than £150m profit from Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd alone.
- Eden Hazard has already informed Chelsea why they should snap up Sergio Ramos on free transfer.
- Chelsea star makes Ballon d’Or admission after Euro 2020 displays.
“We will give it everything tomorrow and for the rest of the tournament for fans like Charlie. RIP Charlie Naughton.”
Other tributes have flooded in for the ‘passionate’ football fan with Chelsea player Reece James saying:
“Rest in peace Charlie. KTBFFH [Keep the blue flag flying high] while teammate Mason Mount quoted the Tweet with a blue heart emoji and white dove.
Following Charlie’s passing, GoFundMe has also been set up to raise funds to help Charlie’s devastated family with funeral costs.
Charlie’s sister Dollie said:
“My darling brother Charlie. Words can’t explain the pain we are all in right now, you truly are one in a million. Always us four against the world.
“They really do take the best cos u sure was char. Sleep tight my angel, I’ll love you forever and I’ll see you again one day.”
- Gary Neville causes a stir amongst Chelsea fans with his remarks on N’Golo Kante.
- Ballon d’Or 2021 Power Rankings: Chelsea’s Kante tops the list.
- An interesting twist of events as Chelsea send even one of their coaches out on loan, Moyes hires his son in scouting revamp.
- Chelsea break silence on Manchester City’s interest in Reece James.
- Mateo Kovacic identifies the one Chelsea player who will become vital for Thomas Tuchel’s success.
Harry Kane makes a vow to Chelsea supporter who died celebrating his goal against Germany.