Hakim Ziyech was speaking to Chelsea Unscripted and named Thiago Silva and Cesar Azpilicueta as the Chelsea stars most likely to become coaches after retirement from football.
Plenty of Chelsea former players have turned to be managers after spells with the Blues. Among them include Ruud Guilt, Roberto Di Matteo, Gianluca Vialli, Ruud Guilt,Gianfranco Zola, John Terry and Frank Lampard.
Ziyech was asked to give his opinion on who would be the next Chelsea player to follow former Chelsea players coaching footsteps and he said:
“I think I would go for Thiago. He’s one of the most experienced. Thiago or maybe Azpi. It’s one of the two.”
- Didier Drogba and Cesc Fabregas react on Chelsea’s Champions League semi-finals qualification.
- Cristian Pulisic equals Messi’s record after Porto game.
- Top 10 highest paid footballers in Premier League.
- Top 10 world most valuable clubs. Latest list.
Azpilicueta and Silva come in handy in the Chelsea squad, with a lot of experiences, having played in senior levels for a quite long period of time as compared to most of their teammates.
Hakim Ziyech’s view cannot be disputed. Azpilicueta and Silva are natural leaders. Both have captained the Chelsea team and have skills that qualify them to become leaders.
Thiago Silva at 36 years old Silva has enjoyed an incredible career that is almost coming to an end. He might be eying one eye on hanging up his boot but may also consider a coaching career as another new chapter in his life.
- Thomas Tuchel’s view about Pep Guardiola and Mancity ahead of FA semi-final.
- Thiago Silva is lucky to play football. He survived a death scare and almost gave up at 21 years.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom.
- Pulisic new role at Chelsea revealed after the Champions League