Edinson Cavani signs new one-year contract at Man Utd.
Manchester United have confirmed that Edinson Cavani has agreed to a one-year prolongation to his deal that will keep the vet striker at Old Trafford until the end of next summer.
Cavani originally had signed a single-season agreement when he joined United as a free agent last October and has been a huge success, scoring 15 goals in all competitions.
“Over the season, I have developed a great affection for the club and everything that it represents,” the 34-year-old Uruguayan told ManUtd.com.
“I feel a deep bond with my teammates and the staff who work behind the scenes here. They give me extra motivation every day and I know that, together, we can achieve special things. From the very first moment that I arrived, I felt the confidence of the manager. As a player, this belief gives you the perfect opportunity to play your best football and I want to thank him for that.”
- Mason Greenwood rise to stardom undisputed as he breaks another United record.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus staring at Europa League next season
- Blow to Manchester United as training kit sponsorship company frets
- Ranking of the 20 best world football managers.
Cavani has risen to be a favorite player with United enthusiasts but coronavirus restrictions have kept Old Trafford closed throughout the 2020/21 season, suggesting fans have been denied the opportunity to see him play in the flesh. The star himself has also missed out as a result.
United will play once with some fans inside Old Trafford in the last home game of the summer next week, but something more related to normality is expected next season and Cavani has said that at last getting to play in front of supporters has been a motivating part to stay.
“I have been touched with how much the supporters have wanted me to stay, and I will give everything to bring them happiness and joy with my performances on the field,” he explained.
“I’ve not yet been able to play in front of the Old Trafford crowd and that is something that I cannot wait to do.”
- Villarreal vs Manchester United – Bizarre head-to-head record.
- Paul Scholes predicts Man United v Villarreal in Europa League final.
- Ole Gunnar responds to Greenwood’s proposal of his best playing position.
- Clubs that have already been crowned league champions across Europe