Didier Drogba takes a dig at Arsenal after Willian departure
Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has taken to Twitter to wind Arsenal supporters up after Willian left the club yesterday.
Drogba was quick to comment after the Brazilian posted a thank you message following the termination of his Arsenal deal on Monday.
“Oh Willyyyyyyyyyyyyyy haaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn Come back home,” Drogba remarked. The Ivorian also used a wink emoji and a blue heart in his tweet, the latter a reference to Willian’s time in West London.
Oh Willyyyyyyyyyyyyyy haaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn— Didier Drogba (@didierdrogba) August 30, 2021
Come back home 😉💙 https://t.co/3RchMhccoX
He replied to his initial tweet earlier this morning, confirming that the previous post was ‘banter’ between the two sides.
He couldn’t hold another dig at The Gunners though, saying ‘thank you agent Willian, your mission is over, like David Luiz and Petr Cech’, who also represented both clubs.
This is not the first time this season that Drogba has ridiculed Arsenal supporters.
- Arsenal confirm one last exit after the 11 pm transfer deadline
- Jadon Sancho delivers his verdict to Arsenal announcement on transfer deadline day
- Takehiro Tomiyasu’s Arsenal shirt number revealed as Mikel Arteta and Edu explain £19m transfer
- ‘I promise you’ – Takehiro Tomiyasu’s first words after completing £19m Arsenal summer transfer
Following The Blues’ 2-0 win at The Emirates Stadium over a fortnight ago, he replied to a tweet from debutant Romelu Lukaku, which said ‘LONDON is blue’.
London has always been blue 😅 great start my People @RomeluLukaku9 @ChelseaFC #theprideoflondon💙 https://t.co/FljAfpqdvt— Didier Drogba (@didierdrogba) August 22, 2021
Drogba replied with ‘London has always been blue’ and the hashtag
The Ivorian had a remarkable record of scoring against Arsenal whilst at Chelsea.
In 15 appearances in all competitions, he scored a tremendous 13 times, including a brace in the League Cup Final win of 2007 and a late clincher in the FA Cup Semi-Final of 2009.
Meanwhile, Willian’s exit from the Premier League has sparked mass conversation about what is going on inside Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal.
The 33 year old’s agent Kia Joorabchian was scathing in his criticism of the club after Willian’s move to Corinthians was confirmed, saying the player ‘went for the project and the project wasn’t there’.
- Edu & Arteta shock U-turn following an emergency Arsenal transfer meeting, player baffled
- Antonio Conte told to snub any potential Arsenal offer if current manager Mikel Arteta is sacked amid increasing pressure
- Arsenal supporters in unbelief after revealed statistics of Arteta’s signing in 5-0 mulling by Man City
- Mesut Ozil aims a dig at Arsenal after Manchester City battering
- Arsenal supporters celebrate Manchester City’s fourth goal against them during 5-0 destruction