Former Chelsea players Didier Drogba his counterpart Cesc Fabregas have reacted to The Blues achievement of reaching the Champions League semi-finals stage.
Chelsea sealed a 2-1 aggregate win over FC Porto on Tuesday night after falling to score in a a 1-0 defeat in the second leg at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán.
This is the first time since 2014 when Chelsea have reached the semi-final stage. They however lost to Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid. They will now face either Real Madrid or Liverpool in the competition semi-finals.
Thomas Tuchel set the spirits were high in the Chelsea camp and hailed his team performance stating Chelsea were the deserved winners.
“It is a very big achievement. You see when Chelsea was last in the semi final. We are not used to being there. Once you are there, you play for the final. This is clear.”
- Mason Mount advice that turned him into a consistent performer.
- Chelsea remaining Premier League fixture and their chance for top 4 finish compared to their serious opposition.
- Chelsea outcast targets return claiming “unfinished business”
Chelsea Legend Dedier Drogba, who was part of the 2012 Champions League winners in Munich, and Fabregas took to social media to react to the Blues progressing into the semi-finals.
Drogba who was excited wrote, “Slowly but surely” while Fabregas responded with clapping and party emojis as he continued to show support to his former side.
Thiago Silva hopes Chelsea can go far and win the trophy. He said:
“We hope that we can celebrate this trophy.
“We did not play a great match today, but we did our jobs in the first leg.”
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT NOW.
- Signing Haaland could be a “disaster.” Chelsea warned.
- Jorginho criticizes Frank Lampard’s long ball tactic and hails the changes brought by Thomas Tuchel.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom