Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba make mutual transfer expressions in Euro 2020 thriller.
Manchester United’s past and present confronted each other in a tense Euro 2020 encounter which in turn unveiled who England will play in the last 16.
While their club future remains up in the air, Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba both confirmed their focus lay heavily on international proceedings, as the duo left everything out on the pitch in their efforts to lead their nations into the knockout stages of Euro 2020.
Nothing could separate France and Portugal on the night, with braces from Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo guaranteeing both sides advanced to the knockout stages in first and third respectively.
Unlike his long-term Balon D’or rival Lionel Messi, Ronaldo has now relished silverware at the international level, spurring his country to Euro 2016 honor.
The pair have often been matched in every perspective, individual accolades, goals scored, and team glory – but if new reports are to be gathered, the two could soon be lining up in the same colors of Barcelona.
Camp Nou president Joan Laporta is rumoured to see a surprise move for Ronaldo as a way of building history, joining two of the most celebrated to play the game before time finally catches up with both.
- Jose Mourinho and Luke shaw insults continue. Mourinho digs out Shaw over ‘dramatically bad’ detail.
- Jose Mourinho scrutinizes Bruno Fernandes’ displays at Euro 2020.
- Manchester United transfer round-up.
- Good news to Manchester United fans as United makes an improved offer for Jadon Sancho.
- Fabrizio Romano provides update to Man United supporters on Jadon Sancho situation.
Ronaldo’s spot-kick double warranted he is now the top goal-scorer across World Cup and Euro’s history on 21, bettering Miroslav Klose’s record while tying the all-time international goal record currently held by Iran’s Ali Daei.
From a Les Blues outlook, Paul Pogba has unquestionably been France’s shining light as they secured their place in the last 16 as winners of Group E.
The Manchester United star has often been accused of saving his best from for country, while often going missing for club.
He was certainly in ecstatic form this evening, playing some crucial passes with pinpoint accuracy, the highlight coming in the form of his assist for France’s second of the night.
A delightfully weighted right-footed effort curled excellently round Ruben Dias and into the path of Karim Benzema, who seized his brace in composed fashion.
The 28-year-old almost capped off a cosmic individual performance in dramatic fashion, leaving his midfield counterpart Paulinho confounded with a simple shoulder drop before strapping an effort that struck the frame of Rui Patricio’s goal.
Pogba has been the subject of interest from Ronaldo’s former side Real Madrid for some years, his play tonight will only spark further wish from those at Los Blancos to entice him to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Whether it be a shock move to a former opponent for Ronaldo or a stint in Spain for Pogba – both players have proven, if there was any doubt, they are a duo for the big occasions.
- Mystery Manchester United youngster has inquiries from 20 clubs.
- Pogba set to be the highest-paid player in the Premier League with positive talks ongoing.
- Man Utd criticized for their naivety after their second improved bid to land Jadon Sancho fail to meet Dortmund’s requirements.
- Louis Saha identifies two Man United signing that would make Manchester United ‘unstoppable’.
- Shock to Man City and Chelsea as KPMG reveals Harry Kane’s actual transfer value.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba make mutual transfer expressions in Euro 2020 thriller