The American and Chelsea star Cristian Pulisic equals Lionel Messi’s record after a good display against Porto.
Christian Pulisic produced an amazing display in Chelsea’s Champions League quarter-final second leg game vs Porto. The former Dotrmund star dazzled upfront making mince out of the Portuguese powerhouse defense.
His foot works and skills saw him fouled on 11 occasions on the night, matching Lionel Messi’s record which he set against Real Madrid in 2011 Following Chelsea’s UEFA Champions League semi-final qualification, attacking winger Christian Pulisic has equaled an important record set by Barcelona legend Lionel Messi according to reports by Mirror.
By Matching the Argentina legend’s record, Pulisic made it clear of his dribbling ability. The confidence the American is playing with is on a high level.
- ‘We better face Real Madrid rather than Liverpool.’ Former Chelsea icons.
- Mason Mount advice that turned him into a consistent performer.
- Chelsea remaining Premier League fixture and their chance for top 4 finish compared to their serious opposition.
- Chelsea outcast targets return claiming “unfinished business”
Pulisic career has not been smooth as he was hindered by muscle injuries earlier in the campaign. He is however now back and in his peak condition, just in time for the crucial run-in.
Chelsea secured a 2-0 win in the first leg of the tie before going down 1-0 in the rematch on Tuesday, April 13. They now wait to know their opponents as they now will face the winner between Real Madrid and Liverpool in the last four for a chance to reach the finals.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has already said he would prefer to face Spanish side Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final rather than Premier League rivals Liverpool. Real Madrid enters this game with a take 3-1 first-leg advantage lead going into the showdown at Anfield on Wednesday night.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom.
- Tuchel sends Antonio Rudiger home early from training after a bust-up with one of his teammates.
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT NOW.
- Signing Haaland could be a “disaster.” Chelsea warned.
- Jorginho criticizes Frank Lampard’s long ball tactic and hails the changes brought by Thomas Tuchel.