Chelsea to raid Inter’s pair ‘at Lukaku’s suggestion’
Chelsea are reportedly targeting a set of Inter Milan defenders, with Romelu Lukaku driving for the double deal.
The Blues were keen on settling Jules Kounde from Sevilla this summer, but fell short of his £68million buyout clause.
Reports hint they could leverage the Frenchman’s ‘fury’ and return with another low-ball offer in January, but Sport Mediaset (via Sport Witness) alleges the Champions League winners ‘point’ towards Inter pair Milan Skriniar and Alessandro Bastoni.
Odd though that phrasing is, the report advances on to confirm they are targeting the duo ‘at the suggestion’ of Romelu Lukaku, who played with them for the Italian champions last term.
Thomas Tuchel will be looking to strengthen his defensive options with 36-year-old Thiago Silva unpromising to prolong his deal by another year and uncertainty surrounding the future of Antonio Rudiger.
- Aston Villa players react as ‘painful’ Chelsea apology made
- ‘Just like robotic, methodical’ – Gary Neville says Chelsea will be ‘very difficult to stop’ this season
- Chelsea supporters spot what Timo Werner did for Romelu Lukaku’s second goal against Aston Villa
- Graeme Souness fancies Romelu Lukaku off-camera incident he spotted during 3-0 Chelsea victory
- Tuchel confesses to changing Chelsea star’s position despite understanding it’s not his favored role
The German center-back – whose Blues deal lapses next summer – is said to be ‘weighing up his options’ and reportedly wants a notable pay rise to remain in west London.
But Sport Mediaset add that Skriniar and Bastoni are ‘key’ to manager Simone Inzaghi’s plans at Inter and ‘it will be difficult to snatch’ the two center-backs away from the Nerazzurri.
Agent Lukaku (a Winner again) scored an awesome brace against Aston Villa on Saturday to take his season tally to three and put the Blues level on points with Manchester United at the top of the Premier League.
And Gary Neville claims Chelsea’s 3-0 win at Stamford Bridge was “ominous” and Thomas Tuchel’s side will be “difficult to stop”.
“I went home from Salford City to watch the Chelsea vs Villa game and Villa played well, they are a decent side,” Neville told Sky Sports.
“But Chelsea are robotic, methodical…
“When they scored that first goal with Lukaku I just thought ‘it is ominous’.
“There is a feeling about Chelsea…clean sheets, the striker is scoring guaranteed, the players behind them and the midfield.
“They are going to be difficult to stop.
“The talk will all be about Pep Guardiola, Manchester City and Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United.
“But Chelsea, everybody knows they are serious, it was a real performance.”
- Kai Havertz: What I really think about Romelu Lukaku at Chelsea
- Patrick Vieira singles out Chelsea youngster for praise after Crystal Palace thrash Spurs
- Tuchel reveals he has found Chelsea’s new ‘strategic’ midfielder besides Jorginho
- Chelsea supporters call for club to abandon plans to sign Declan Rice after latest link
- Chelsea duo out injured with one “on crutches” after another costly international break