Bruno Fernandes gives conditions for his new United’s contract.
Bruno Fernandes has been a revelation to Manchester United ever since he arrived from the Portuguese Sporting Lisbon.
The Portuguese impact on the field is undeniable, and his contribution is yet to be rewarded with United now on a solid position to challenge for the Europa League title, with the team already scheduled for a semi-final clash against Italian AS Roma.
According to stats from Transfermarkt, Bruno has scored 36 goals and provided 22 assists in 72 appearances across all competitions for the Red Devils since he arrived at the club in January last year.
These statistics are sensational numbers for an attacking midfielder who has proofed to be the club’s best signings in quite some time.
Naturally, Manchester United would want to keep hold of him for as long as possible. As a result, despite his current contract running till the summer of 2025, the Red Devils are believed to have offered him a new deal.
But according to trusted reports, Bruno Fernandes appears to want to see the club’s ambition in the summer transfer window before entering talks. And as reported by The Sun, Bruno he wants assurances over the future of Paul Pogba before signing any new deal himself.
- Ed Woodward sends message to Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham Directors after the European Super League debacle.
- Edinson Cavani ‘makes Man Utd transfer decision’ with Boca Juniors poaching.
- Paul Scholes warning to Manchester United as he makes Arsenal Europa League prediction.
Bruno and Pogba have enjoyed a good relationship on the pitch, with the France world cup winner at one point coming publicly to admit how their relationship in the pitch has impacted to recent series of positive performances witnessed by the Ole Gunnar team.
Pogba early this month said:
“I enjoy playing with Bruno.
“He’s someone who understands the game and understands the movement that can give you a beautiful pass, he can finish too. He’s all over the place, he can do everything really… except defending!
“But really, it’s always a joy to play him, to understand him. He understands me as well, he can take my position, I can take his position as well.
“I think he suits the team, he’s a very dominant influence in our team.”
Whether Pogba will extend his United contract is something that we will all wait to see. On one hand, it has appeared for years that he has eventually wanted a move away from Old Trafford, and earlier in the season, it had looked like he already had one foot out of the door.
- Manchester United’s Alex Telles explains why he Kisses and talks to football.
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals he only coached four ‘World-Class’ players at Manchester United.
- Manchester United finally breaks silence on Jesse Lingard’s future.
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba. “He’s world-class and a step above most other players on the planet.”