Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United supporters after West Ham defeat
Nobody can stand losing. Manchester United supporters hate it, and so should the players.
Bruno Fernandes is one of those. The Portuguese player was a substitute in the 1-0 Carabao Cup defeat to West Ham
Fernandes played the final 19 minutes, making 27 touches in an attempt to influence the game and force an equalizer.
He had the ball in the net after taking a drop-ball into his own hands, dribbling through on goal, and scoring, but the strike was disallowed.
Fernandes expressed his displeasure in a message to fans following the game.
Teammate Diogo Dalot was the first United player to post on social media after the downfall.
- Ronaldo ‘could soon be United manager’: Tim Sherwood
- Former Spurs striker predicts Romelu Lukaku, Cristiano Ronaldo and Mo Salah Golden Boot winner
- ‘Call me’-Rio Ferdinand sends a message to Solskjaer amid reports of rift between Man Utd legends
- Man Utd ‘monitoring’ Tottenham flop as Paul Pogba transfer replacement
- Man United legend rages on a poor scenario following Jesse Lingard winning goal against West Ham
- Gary Neville reveals how Manchester United can win the Premier League this season
He said that United’s stars gave it their all and would keep on working hard.
Following a shaky start, United played well. The team attempted a total of 27 shots on goal but were unable to find a way through.
There were only six of these attempts that were successful. With 11 changes to the team that began the weekend, this was essentially United’s second string side.
Even so, there is no excuse for a cup exit at home, and Fernandes’ disappointed message encapsulates it perfectly.
- West Ham were cheated in Man Utd loss, says former referee
- “Give the kid a break” – Manchester United legend defends Utd’s summer signing
- ‘I saw’: David de Gea makes admission straight after saving Mark Noble’s penalty for West Ham
- What Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes did to Jesse Lingard after his late goal against West Ham
- Solskjaer reveals his fears that involves refs and Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United
- Solskjaer set to spring huge surprise in United’s team selection vs West Ham