Barcelona offers Philippe Coutinho back to Liverpool in a shock transfer drama.
Barcelona have offerd Philippe Coutinho back to Liverpool in trade for the Reds writing off the £40 million they are still owed for the Brazilian.
It’s a shock transfer saga comprising a player who left Anfield for Barcelona in January 2018 for a sum that could increase (or have risen) to £142 million if conditions were met.
But despite playing 90 games for Barca, scoring 24 goals, Coutinho has grappled to find his best form at the Camp Nou. He spent 2019/20 summers on loan at Bayern Munich (scoring twice against his parent club as the Bundesliga side crushed Barcelona 8-2 in the Champions League)
The Catalans are also reportedly over £1 billion in arrears, still owe other clubs’ transfer funds on several big signings – including Liverpool for Coutinho – and are set to trim their wage bill to bring in soldiers this season.
- Liverpool player Mohamed Salah’s four-word message to Harry Kane after the season closes.
- Jurgen Klopp hails one of his players as ‘greedy exceptional’ and ‘really special’ for his hungry displays.
- Sadio Mane’s bizarre Ismaila Sarr message reignites Liverpool transfer thought.
- Jurgen Klopp Liverpool transfer forecast becomes genuine as Man United fans detect Konate problem.
So in a way there is a reasoning to the news, via Spanish outlet AS, that Barcelona’s view to rid themselves of the approx €50 million they owe the Reds by giving them back the 28-year-old playmaker.
There is no news published on whether Liverpool have reacted to the claimed proposal or have any interest in re-signing Coutinho. A recurring knee injury disrupted his 2020/21 period, but the Brazilian has shown glimmers of his best form, especially while at Bayern.
AS also report that Barcelona intend to lower their wage bill by moving on veteran left-back Jordi Alba, long-time midfield anchor Sergio Busquets, French forwards Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele, plus utility player Sergi Roberto.
Jurgen Klopp desired to keep Coutinho at the start of the 2017/18 that he was sold, reportedly shooting at the attacking midfielder: “Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour.
“Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more.”
- Finally UEFA ‘decides to scrap off 56 years historic away goals in European competitions.’
- Premier League XI CIES team of the season revealed with shock omissions.
- Premier League 2020/21 manager report-card.
- Ranking of the World’s top 50 defenders.
- FIFA to consider holding The World Cup every two years after new proposals emerge.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Barcelona offers Philippe Coutinho back to Liverpool in a shock transfer drama